chapter 9: coincidence

Wendy, still trying to come back to her senses, looks at Wayatt! Even though the other time, he was all in black, now she has free access to analyze him carefully. Dress in a black pair of short trousers, and a white t-shirt, Wendy could see on his right hand a tattoo of a man painting, under the moonset. Coming to his face he possesses dark brown curly hair and dark eyes. Wendy is stunned by such perfection and can't send out any words for now. He straight his hand to her, and tries to know if everything is okay. She realizes his other tattoo, a spider on its web, on the back of his hand. Not a fan of tattoos she is, but on him, she approves.

" Are you alright? I'm sorry," He says.

Wendy needs to respond but feels the incapacity of talking. It is as if his voice paralyzed her, "such a manly voice accompanied by a beautiful accent." Wendy gets out of her fantasy thoughts and talks. " I'm... Okay!" She finally says.

" I saw you somewhere right?" He asks.

" Umm... Yes, you saved me yesterday at midday," Wendy replies.

" Oh! Yes, I now remember. What are you doing here?" He asks.

" Surely searching for me," Another voice enters the house.

It is Mackenzie, the girl with whom Wendy has to learn with. She comes near them and excuses for the late coming.

" Is alright!" Wendy asks.

" Do you know each other?" Wayatt asks.

" Yes, she is the pretty girl giving me some math lessons," Mackenzie replies.

Wayatt just shakes his head as a sign of understanding, while Wendy can't stop looking at him furtively. Wayatt finally excuses himself, and welcomes Wendy, before telling Mackenzie to inform Mason he is arranging his car outside when he will come. Mackenzie agrees and invites Wendy to her room.

" I'm sorry for all this disorder. Since I came to this house... That was yesterday! I didn't have time to arrange something here." Mackenzie says, uncomfortable with all the disorder, and trying to liberate her bed for them to sit before learning.

" It's okay!" Wendy says simply.

" Okay so... Sit here and feel free to put down your books and bag. I'm a little hungry, I will get us some snacks okay?" Mackenzie says.

Wendy agrees before Mackenzie gets down to take some snacks as said. Wendy removes her books and puts them on the bed, together with pens. She looks around the room and could feel Mackenzie loves parties. She has a box full of decorations and many occasional pictures hanging on her wall. Wendy gets up and goes closer to them, before seeing the joy the pictures sent out, some pictures are for events, others are for beautiful places and some for her and her relationships ( family, friends...)." I wonder if she is the one who took these pictures."

Wendy, hears a car being started like someone is preparing to go. She gets to the window and drags the curtain on one side, and sees Wayatt starting on a red Wrangler Jeep. She spies the boy through the window shyly and sees him working on the car. He stops the car, removes his white shirt, throws it inside and gets in front of the vehicle. Wendy pelts, not wanting to see his bare chest "oh no! It is my first time seeing a boy's bare chest." She says to herself but feels the overwhelming curiosity of knowing if his body is as perfect as his face. She spies again on the boy and sees another tattoo on his well-shaped and bare chest, a skull with a halo around it. Not too many and not little muscles, he has everything in the right place. Definitely a gorgeous man!

He opens the hood of the car and analyzes it for some minutes before closing it and taking a handkerchief, wiping his hand when suddenly he lifts his eyes to Mackenzie's window, and Wendy automatically hides, not wanting him to know she is looking at him.

" Hey Wendy, here are the snacks!" Mackenzie says while entering the room with a plate of two sandwiches and two sodas.

Wendy closes the curtains rapidly and gets to Mackenzie. " What were you doing there?" Mackenzie asks while Wendy sits on the bed.

" Nothing!" Wendy answers simply. Mackenzie not convinced by her answer and seeing her nervousness stands and go to the curtain while Wendy tries to deter her from going there, but no way... Mackenzie wants to know what is wrong.

Mackenzie opens the curtain and sees Wayatt outside with now Mason in front of the Jeep, with his bare body exposed.

" Oh, I see," Mackenzie suspects, knowing what she was so concentrated on looking outside. " Another girl crazy about him," She adds before closing the curtain and holding her waist with an interesting face, she forward to Wendy. " So are you interested in him?... Tell me!" She scrutinizes with a smirk and sits on the bed beside Wendy. She takes her sandwich and waits for Wendy's answer.

" What? Me...I... No...is just that he is ... handsome and a little mysterious..." She says before taking a break " He thrills me," She continues while eating her sandwich.

" That's Wayatt effect... Me too when I saw him for the first time, I had a certain interest in him but... He is too formal and takes into consideration age.." Mackenzie says before opening her soda.

" What do you mean?" Wendy asks

" I mean, he has principles! I had the opportunity to talk with him and he told me he has principles. One of the most important is the age in a relationship. I don't know what he meant by that, but that's what he said...." She eats another piece of her sandwich and continues" and even if I wanted to have a relationship with him, I couldn't cause, we now live in this fraternity house and one of the rules is not to fall in love with a member here, so..."

Wendy eats difficulty her sandwich, trying to comprehend at the same time the food but also the information given to her. "What does he mean by age? Should I ask him? No...why should I ask him? He will find it strange! " 

They finish eating and start working on their math lessons. Wendy gives an exercise to Mackenzie and when she finishes, she tells Wendy to see if she is right or not. Even if Wendy seems troubled by what Mackenzie said, she tries to concentrate on what she has to do.

" That's perfect! Congratulations Mackenzie!" Wendy exclaims.

" Woohoo, that means I'm better than you now," Mackenzie says proudly and laughs, together with Wendy.

" Mackenzie you..." A female voice enters the room before Wendy and Mackenzie turn to see who is talking. Wendy recognizes the person, and gets stunned by her presence, she stands and faces the girl.

" Brooke?" Wendy asks.

" Wendy, for God's sake what are you doing here?" Brooke asks scandalized.

" Do you know each other?" Mackenzie asks troubled.

What will be her reaction after seeing her sister? invading once more her world. The only world where she feels free!

Get in touch with the next chapters... Leave out votes and comments!!