chapter 29: put the dot on the I

"I always knew this, that he was like me. But he never admits it, now that I discovered his secret, everything seems complicated. He does not want to admit, he prefers veiling his face with all sorts of lies. I'm also his friend, and even if I want to be more than that, I first have to open his eyes and tell him... Mason! You're gay!"

Brooke, under those phrases, stay stigmatize by the revelation. The diary is still in her hands, she tries to assimilate the news, looking in front of her " how comes?" Millions of questions travel her brain. To have those answers, she continues.

"I have done all my possible to let him understand it isn't a bad thing, no one will judge him for being who he is. But in vain, he does not want to hear about it. I knew that, continuing telling him that, would anger him and he may probably never talk to me again, but I love him and for this love, I had to do that."

Brooke intrigued by all this story, turns the page impatiently, wondering how reading would be interesting for her.

"It has been two days since he finally gave me a chance with him. I am the happiest man on earth. I am Mason's Cooper boyfriend. Everything is perfect, with only default the fact we should hide our love story, see ourselves at night and in dark places. I have to contend myself with that, it's already a good thing he gave me my chance. The worse, is that I can't tell it to my best friend Brooke and his sister Amber."

Brooke, skip pages and get to another page far along, she sits on a chair and continues.

"I can't believe what he did today. I came and gave him a book he left at home, in front of his friends, and he denied to take the book, saying it is not his. I immediately understood he didn't want me to come near him when he is with his friends, but at the same time I am tired of hiding, so I insist on him taking the book. He yelled at me, his friends encouraged him to punch me, and that's what he did. My face, was painful but it wasn't the only part of my body having pain, my heart also was bleeding, realizing he had chosen to act as his friends asked, rather than defending me. I was out of me."

All this story, begins to be interesting to Brooke, so she proceeds, thanking Francis takes so much time to make the snacks. Yes, it isn't good to read the diary of someone, but Brooke couldn't imagine her best friend had secrets he could tell her and instead preferred writing it in a diary. That's not wrong but after all she is his friend.

" After we broke up after I  blamed him for what happened with his friends. He told me he couldn't continue like that. That it was good moments he passed with me, that for the first time, he revealed himself, but he can't abandon his reputation and friends he made so toughly. I was out of me once more and blackmailed him to tell everyone the truth about him if he didn't. I couldn't accept he played with me and finally does as if nothing happened. He promised me that, if ever I open my mouth, he will make my life a disaster. From that day, we never talked again."