chapter 40: PROMISE

Brooke enters the frat house, full of anger and without throwing an eye to her friends, who seem worried by her reaction and her anger, she gets up to Wayatt's room

Wayatt enters and looks at his friends, who show a questionable face about the sudden situation of Brooke, although it is clear that Brooke quarrels with her sister.

" Wayatt! What is it?" Mackenzie asks.

" Nothing, just have to talk to her." He gets upstairs, gets in front of his door's room.

He opens the door and stays in front of it, sees Brooke searching for something, walking around the room, and turning everything upside down. He finally enters the room and closes the door on one side.

" What are you searching for?" He asks.

" My phone!"

Wayatt, searches her phone with his eyes, scanning the room, while Brooke can't stop walking around the room. Wayatt stops his regard in front of a paint box, where he could see her phone sticking out from behind. He gets to it, shifts the box, and takes the phone behind. He forwards to Brooke searching her phone for the thousandth time under the pillow bed, turns her to face him, and lifts her phone in front of her.

" I found it!" Wayatt exclaims, with a winning face.

Brooke looks at him for a while before lifting her hand to take her phone, but Wayatt hides it behind him.

" I first need to talk to you."Wayatt proposes.

" Give back my phone first," She conditions.

Wayatt gets it out and hangs it to her. She takes it and turns to go, but Wayatt holds her arm and forces her to turn back to him, her arm behind her back and Wayatt holding it, their body close from each other and their gaze deeply immersed. " Stop getting mad at me Brooke,"

" Have you chosen?" Brooke asks.

" I will not do that, okay?"

" Then leave me alone," She gets out of Wayatt's control. " I don't want to share you with my sister, all my life has only been that, I will not tolerate it again." She yells.

" Stop your drama Brooke, I'm your boyfriend now, that's all." Brooke stays silent under Wayatt's words, who seems new for her, before he continues, " I know your sister already understood, you are mine now, and I will never leave you."

Brooke looks at Wayatt with soft regard and with a lower voice she says " I'm so afraid, that you get up one day and leave me, prefer to hear what they are saying rather than what I'm saying.  Just imagining all this... I... I..."

" Listen Brooke, I will never leave you," Wayatt holds Brooke's hands.

"Promise!" She shows her little finger up for Wayatt to join his and promise.

" I promise!" He joins his little finger and smiles at Brooke before they hug.

They get down together, Wayatt holding Brooke's tight. Everyone looks at them now getting down with smiles and joking all way round, as nothing happened.

" Will it always be like that with you two?" Mackenzie asks her arms folded.

"One minute you are angry and the other minute, you pacify," Amber adds.

They both chortle.

"It was just a little problem!"  Brooke announces.

"Okay guys, I have to get back Brooke to her home," Wayatt tells.

Everyone greets Brooke and wishes her good night. Amber decides to stay with Fred cause they will not see each other all the weekend. Brooke and Wayatt get outside and enter Wayatt's car then ride on to the Rosedale Avenue.

In front of the Wild's big entrance, still in the car, they kiss slowly and passionately. They separate and Wayatt wishes a good night to Brooke but she grumbles.

" What is it?" Wayatt asks.

" Tell me to stay, instead of wishing me a good night," Brooke says, even though it's strange for her to talk that way to a boy, asking the boy to tell her to stay when she is used to hearing it without asking.

Wayatt grins and gets his face closer to Brooke, looks at her, and holds her chin delicately with his fingers.

" One day I will tell you to stay, but not for some seconds, minutes, or hours... For the rest of my life." On those lovely words he redresses, Brooke feels goosebumps traveling her skin, and only needs to hear it a second time before she believes it, it's so new to her that she can't even send a word.  " Have I said something wrong?"

Brooke remains silent before deciding to say something,  " No... Just that it so different to me, this relationship, your words who sounds unrealistic, and you."

" Me too I feel the same, but I just trust my heart and my mouth says what I feel. Just follow your heart."

" You're so courageous, expressing your feelings without fear, I don't think I can." Brooke hesitate.

" You made me courageous, you are the reason I broke all my doubts and fear. I know you can do it." He encourages.

She smiles and kisses him on his cheek. " Good night then!"

" Good night! By the way, don't forget we have to spend the weekend together at the frat house. So tomorrow at 6 am.

"Already thrilled!"  She kisses her palms and blows on the imaginative kiss, for it to join Wayatt then say a "goodbye" get out of the car, and turn at him.

" I will go when I find you walk back home," he says.

She smiles and tells the gateman to open the fence, she enters and greets him for the last time of the night, before he does the same and goes.

Brooke enters the parlor dancing and turning all around while singing of joy. Mado gets out of the kitchen with her nightgown, seeing Brooke dancing and smiling. She asks Brooke what is happening? She gets to Mado, holds her hand, and makes her dance with her while turning around.

"Oh my God! Brooke I will end up having a spin, what is it?" Mado begs.

Brooke stops with her jovial smile still hanging on her face, they sit on one of the chairs.

" I think I'm in love Mado!" Brooke declares.

"Ohhhh congratulations princess. Don't tell me who is it, Wayatt?" Mado speculates.

"You definitely know everything,"

" I'm so glad for you my dear."

" Thank you. Now I have to go and prepare cause I have a long weekend with my prince charming." Brooke stands while being jovial before Mado stops her.

" Does he knows the truth?" She asks.

Brooke stops instinctively under the question, and the happiness on her face disappears. She turns sadly to Mado.

"I believe is a No! So sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to demoralize you," Mado apologizes.

" Don't worry," Brooke says while smiling back and avoiding a debate on such a subject. " Let me walk to bed now. Goodddddd night Mado!" She gets up and enters her room when she sees Wendy looking and touching at her numerous trophy. "What are you doing here?"

Wendy turns to Brooke and looks at her bravely "Just waiting for you."

Each time fire and water meets, there is always an uncertain situation. Which quarrel will the two sisters experience again? I wonder what Wendy wants to tell Brooke but I'm sure the regard she threw to Brooke isn't of good omen.

Hope you love the chapter. Vote and comment for the author's progression.