chapter 24: Break the rules

Brooke gets to the kitchen and closes it rapidly, still not knowing how to stop breathing heavily and biting her nails, she blocks the door by putting her back on it, before remarking Amber's presence eating chips.

" Hey, girl! What's wrong?" Amber asks while seeing Brooke out of normalization.

Brooke gets to the table kitchen where she sees a bottle of tequila and serves herself, then drinks it in one pace after sending out a sound of satisfaction. She bends her head, and looks at the table, while drooping her hand on it, thinking and thinking.

" Brooke?" Amber calls.

Brooke turns to Amber and smirks falsely, refusing to continue thinking about what happened to her. " Sorry, I-I was stressed, but is alright now,"

Amber concedes before coming closer to Brooke. " Where is Mackenzie?" Brooke asks before Amber responds she does not know.

" And where is Fred?" Brooke continues.

" He is in the parlour, with the boys. We discovered we are always together, we delayed our friends because of our relationship so, we decided to spend less time together." Amber says while continuing to eat her chips.

" Okay, and how do you feel with him?" Brooke asks while sitting on a chair. Amber follows her.

" What can I tell you, Brooke? It is awesome to be in love with someone, especially when it is mutual, you feel softer and happier."

" I can't imagine, cause you know I do not give importance to such emotions," Brooke says nastily.

" Okay, but I wish you to find what I found. Trust me... It will change you," Amber adds.

The word "change" made Brooke remember about Wayatt and she gets up furious of her chair " but I do not want to change, why do you all want me to change?" Brooke outcries.

" Calm down Brooke, no one want you to change, I was just answering your question." Amber defends.

Brooke calms down and sighs, then gets back to Amber " I'm sorry, I'm a little undue now, sorry again."

Amber smiles at her, understanding and hanging the dish of chips in front of her, Brooke smirks and takes some then eats them.

Mackenzie opens the kitchen door rapidly " what are you doing here girls? Ashley is coming very soon... Brooke takes up the cake and Amber takes up the HBD balloon, go!go!go!" Mackenzie hurries out while the girls execute.

Brooke light on the candles, take the cake and get out with it. Everyone gets in a corner of the house, while the boys off the light of the entire house, waiting for Ashley to get in with her cousin.

" Why is there no light here?..." Ashley says before the light turn on and everybody shouts " surpriseeeee!" Ashley opens widely her eyes and mouth, then covers her mouth while Mackenzie comes to her and with a smile, they hug.

" Happy birthday sweetheart!" Mackenzie wishes before they separate.

" I can't believe you did it, a surprise party for me. I was sure you had organized something but not as big, thank you bestie!" Ashley says still hanging her smile " and thanks to everyone," she shouts to all the people present at the party, before they all clap.

Brooke gets in front of her with the cake full of light on candles. " Happy birthday Ashley!" She wishes.

Ashley smirks and thanks Brooke, she bends a little, range her hair behind her ear, and blows the light on the candles, redresses and smiles while everyone claps for her. Mackenzie invites them to return to the party while Fred puts on the music.