chapter 43: You and I

I

I

In the car, Brooke seems agitated at this day, waiting for Wayatt to notice she is wearing a gown for the first time, and to tell her how she is in it.

" Wow, the atmosphere seems different now," Brooke alludes.

"Yah! It seems a little breezy now, but don't worry it will not rain and spoil our afternoon." Wayatt assures with a wink.

Brooke smiles sarcastically and turns to look at the window, disappointed by Wayatt's response under her fake allusions. She prefers to leave it, and just profit of the day, feeling impatient about the places Wayatt will bring her to.

Arriving at the first place of the day, which is the beautiful Arts Gallery of Toronto, Ontario. They step from the car, armed with their cameras and joy hanging on their faces. Wayatt holding Brooke by the shoulder and her by his tight.

Inside the splendid gallery, since Brooke isn't used to such places, it is Wayatt who serves as a tourists guide to Brooke, telling her all that should be known and wanting her to ask questions if she wants. Taking pictures of them under the beautiful masterpieces of artists like Van Gogh, Andy Warhol or even Yayoi Kusama. Some of the artists who have their creations exposed at the gallery.

" When I feel like I need to rest or liberate, I come here and look at this arts...then I calm down and inspiration comes to me," Wayatt tells while they are walking.

"So this is your favourite touristic site?" Brooke interviews.

" No, it's just a place where I found myself well, surrounded by all these, I feel shelter here. It gives me hope because it's part of my dream." He retorts.

Brooke comprehends, then holds his hand for them to walk faster to another place.

They get to the Yayoi Kusama's mirrored installations. A vibrant installation that exhorts them to have a personal, shareable experience with the pieces. They also get to exhibit features pieces created with materials that come from the artist's natural surroundings, most of them are made up of wood. Some are created by Michael Belmore.

The Arts Gallery of Toronto, made the two lovers' birds discover, cultural collections that showcase portraits, installations, sculptures and artifacts from around the world with collections from Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso.

They continue discovering places, and Wayatt could not stop his explanations, fascinated by the opportunity to share his knowledge with someone else. Brooke appreciates the joy and well-being he has on his face when doing that, she does not hesitate to ask questions on what she does not understand, for him to be more enthusiastic in explaining. Seeing him so impacted in such a venture, makes Brooke's heart sink into happiness, never knew she could be happy for a boy like that, other than Francis, of course. Never believe she could give so much awareness and consideration to someone like that.

They browse Canadian, indigenous, European modern, contemporary and African art. Notable artists comprising Rodin money, Picasso, van Gogh and Andy Warhol. They take pictures of them and even snap themselves in front while making some videos.

" The indigenous collections seem to be the largest in the world right?" Brooke asks.

"Yeah! But the African collections are the largest in Canada." He answers.

They could also discover the Thompson collection, which is the most significant private art collection in the country. There are also some collections dedicated solely to photography and drawings, as well as a library that holds up to 380000volumes. All this makes Brooke think about Mackenzie for photography collections and Wendy for the library room.

They finally finish what they could see at the AGO( Arts Gallery of Ontario) and get to their car for their next destination. Happy with all their sights, and the fun time they passed.

" You know the AGO is the biggest museum in North America?" Wayatt asks.

" I guessed but wasn't sure of that," she says.

Riding to their next destination, which is the Aquarium Ripley of Ontario. They step down and hold each other's hands. This place makes Brooke have ambiguous remembrances about her childhood, remembering her father brought her there once.

" Are you okay? Don't you like the place? We can go if you want," Wayatt bothers when seeing Brooke thrown off.

" No! No! It's okay, let's go. I'm so excited." Brooke dissimulates and prefers to keep aside her memories not to wreck the day.

They get to the Dangerous Lagoon, step on the board moving, sidewalks to be transported through North America's largest underwater viewing tunnel. Wayatt under the amazement of Brooke, can't help but take some pictures of her, looking at the Aquatic creatures swimming on top of their heads. Brooke takes the video camera of Wayatt and takes a video of the features swimming on top of them while they are still on the sidewalk. They could discover sand tigers, sharks, green sawdust, or green moray.

They step from there and go elsewhere, Brooke is more eager, needs to venture everywhere, cause if the art Gallery lends refuge to Wayatt, the Aquarium Ripley gives comfort to Brooke, remembering the good old days with her late father.

Brooke takes some videos of Wayatt without his attention.

"Look here," she says while holding the camera to film. Wayatt looks, smiles while trying to cover his face.

They enjoy the mesmerizing light show from the dancing jellyfish at planet jellies. With 100 jellies surrounding them, feeling as if they were visiting another planet, hypnotized by the backlit and colors changing displays filled with different species of jellyfish. Looking up where the ceiling exhibit showcases the beautiful and translucent moon jellies.

All this seems like magic as if they were getting back into childhood. As they sometimes exchange their cameras, Wayatt takes a video of Brooke. " Hello!" He attracts her attention to the camera after filming the jellies spectacle. Brooke turns to Wayatt, smiles before making a fish grimace. Making them laugh and get fun. They range their cameras inside Wayatt's bag, before profiting from the fabulous spectacle.

" Why have you chosen me to be yours?" Brooke asks, distracting her gaze from the big aquarium in front of them. Wayatt looks at her, then holds her hand.

" I wanted you to always have my heart with you, no matter if we're near or far apart, I will always be with you Brooke," Wayatt answers tenderly. Under the light show, illuminating the moment, showing how shiny Brooke's eyes are in front of his unexpected words and at the same time, so pure to her heart. She lifts her feet and gets her face and lips closer to him, closing their eyes before they kiss. Wayatt holds her cheeks and responds to the kiss with affection.

They continue to the tropical water of the Indo pacific at the rainbow reef. Looking at the kaleidoscope of colourful fish and coral. Watches interactive daily dive show at ray bay and rainbow reef. Marvelling at the grace of the coenose rays, southern stingrays as they coast through the water in ray bay and the batfish, unicorn surgeon fishes swimming through the rainbow reef.

It's always a beautiful thing to be together and create new memories that can conceal the old ones, especially those who aren't the best. Wayatt and Brooke are not only reinforcing their relationship for it to be durable but also creating memories that will forever reside as part of their life.

To be followed...

All the places mentioned in this chapter are real tourists places in Toronto. I searched for them to give a more realistic view of the adventure the protagonists are doing, hope you love the idea. Have a good reading time.