chapter 37:officially

Wayatt and Brooke step downstairs gradually, looking at their friends sitting in the dining room. Amber, Fred, and Mackenzie are waiting for their response even though the concerned do not know how to react.

" Wh–what do you mean?" Brooke asks looking at Wayatt and getting way back to her friends.

" We came back home and got upstairs, looking for Amber since she wasn't in school this morning," Amber starts.

"And we profited and looked in Wayatt's room to find out if he was also at home since his car was outside," Fred continues.

" And we saw you, sleeping together on the same bed, like two love birds. Now the question is... What's happening between you?" Mackenzie finishes.

Brooke doesn't know how to answer her friends, thinking the news may trouble her friends and not wanting to officialize something Wayatt may not probably want to expose. Trouble by all this situation, she looks at Wayatt who didn't seem disturbed but serein, his face shows no worry about the situation, it may assure Brooke but she's too occupied by her worries, now curious about what her Latino boy will say in front of such a dilemma.

Wayatt looks at Brooke, under their friend's stares, he smirks and holds her hand in front of everyone. Brooke surprised by such an act can help but just act as he desires her to do.

" We are together!" Wayatt throws out the news.

The others remain perplexed and surprised about the news, confuse also because it was unimaginable, that Wayatt with all his so-called rules and Brooke with her hot and damn fucking attitude would be together one day. They are just like cold and heat, fire and water, sweet and bitter, they are so different.

" So...so you are together? Is it true Brooke?" Mackenzie asks.

Brooke looks again at Wayatt, also trying to move on his way and talk according to Wayatt's decision, that is: telling the truth.

" Yes, we are!" Brooke answers.

" But how comes? Since when did you date?" Amber interrogates, also troubled by the news.

" You will probably never believe, but since yesterday. We realized many things, it's a long story." Wayatt says.

" Okay...so all we can say is congratulations, right?" Fred rejoices, stands from his chair, and forward to the couple " welcome to our world, full of drama, love, quarrel, and peace." He laughs at his joke before Mackenzie and Amber congratulate them.

"Are you not angry?" Brooke asks with a little worry in her voice.

"Why should we? After all, you are our friends so, all we can do is be happy for you." Mackenzie expresses before Brooke smirks.

Fred and Wayatt prefer to stay in the parlor while the girls decided to prepare dinner.

" Now I'm the only single person in this house. " Mackenzie says before they all laugh.

" Don't say that, I'm sure you will find someone." Amber reacts.

" Oh no! I don't need that now you know, seeing everyone around me happy is enough. But tell us, Brooke, how is it to be with Wayatt? How did you finally seduce him?" Mackenzie bombarded.

" Yes tell us and what about the pact between..." Amber covers her mouth realizing with all this excitement, she is saying over words.

" Amber!" Brooke calls for her attention.

" Hein! Which pact are you talking about?" Mackenzie asks intrigued by the sudden silence of Amber, and the reaction of Brooke.

" I'm sorry Brooke," Amber apologizes.

Brooke sighs, noticing it was too long this game, and wanting to tell everything, make it clear that she loves Wayatt, not because of the game or pact but because she realized she needed someone to hold on to her heart and soften it. Brooke gets to the kitchen door and verifies if it is well closed. Well verified, she gets closer to her friend, bites her nails before removing it anxiously, then starts talking.

"Okay, so let me talk, first of all, Mack, I just need to be precise, I love Wayatt more than I could imagine, and all I did before wasn't part of this love story I'm beginning with him. You know I hate my sister, and when I saw she was invading once more my world and even starting to get interested in Wayatt...I don't know, I couldn't accept that at all, so I decided to provoke her, I couldn't imagine she could easily accept the pact,  but she did and that boost me up too,  to prove that I'm better and will forever be better than her in such domains," Brooke starts talking and becomes anxious remembering all this past story, realizing that if he knows the truth then, her romantic story would end.

Mackenzie remains silent for a while." Which pact did you make?" She asks.

" Together we agreed on seducing Wayatt and making him fall in love with one of us, the girl who would fill up the agreement, had to stay with Wayatt and do whatever she wants and the loser... will get out of the other's life and walk out to a university far from Toronto. It's like... a temptation pact."

Mackenzie sighs heavily, surpassed by the situation " you didn't have to do that Brooke,  that was absurd. I know your reputation but I was far from imagining you were able to do such a thing,"

Mackenzie starts, while making Brooke culpable more and more as seconds pass. Mackenzie holds Brooke's shoulders and Brooke looks at her. " but you didn't know that on your way, you would find love. Listen, Brooke, trust me you are entering into a complicated world, and you will have to arm up for that, and understand you can't mess up,"

" I know I have to tell him the truth..." Brooke starts.

" No! Not now Brooke,  can you imagine telling him the truth now, it would ruin what is just starting and you may together lose a chance to know if you are compatible or not, can you understand?" Mackenzie asks.

"But, don't you think he deserves to know the truth before someones tell him?" Brooke asks in return.

"Of course he deserves to know it, but not now, he is so happy and you know what I saw in his eyes when he said you are together? He was proud of revealing you, just wanting to tell the whole world how he is happy to have you in his life. I'm a photographer and I can see what some people don't  realize rapidly,  I could see love in his eyes Brooke, so don't  destroy everything now." Mackenzie concludes.

Brooke in a certain manner wants to finish will all that and stop hiding such a secret,  but Mackenzie convinces her and she is sure that Mackenzie  can't tell such things for her worst " Okay Mack, understood."

" Great!" Amber finally opens her mouth after a long silence. The girls chuckle and decide to continue their work.

Great? Don't forget to leave comments and votes😳 thank you for reading and keep on you're the best.