chapter 35: out of darkness

Wayatt takes out a large board recovered, Brooke could recognize the board she saw last time but was refused to touch. She stays thrilled by Wayatt's action showing her finally the board. He removes the cover on the board and it is with great surprise and amazement that Brooke could see the most beautiful art never met before.

She stares at the board, analyzing attentively the color's texture, how mixing the darkness and brightness of the colors looks amazing, how the board inspires her, makes her feel kiddy, the board for her is incredible.

She turns to Wayatt before he looks at her.

" Is it the board you didn't want me to touch last time?" Brooke interrogates Wayatt.

" Yes, it is!"

" Why are you showing me this now? I mean... This is amazing!" She exclaims while brightening her face.

" Just because, I'm a little eccentric when it comes to art and I don't like when someone sees my work when it isn't completed," Wayatt explains.

Brooke looks at the board, then at Wayatt, and gets back her look on the board who does not seem incomplete to her. On the contrary, the board is composed of two sides, the dark side shows leaves on trees are falling, the sun is being covered by the shadowed clouds, a black lake, no birds or animals surrounding the environment, everything sad and melancholic with a sad man sitting by the lake and looking at the other side of the board. Whereas the other side of the board is composed of beautiful trees recovered with leaves, Birds flying all over with animals surrounding the place, the sun shining in the blue and beautiful sky, accompanied by a gorgeous lake. But what is incomplete?

" Are you sure this is incomplete?" Brooke asks.

" Yes, it is!" He simply says while looking at the board.

" Well, my father had his best friend who was an artist too. He uses to tell me sometimes that, when art doesn't seem to transmit a particular feeling, then the board isn't complete. Is it what is happening to your board? Is it not transmitting the feeling you want to spread?" Brooke interrogates.

" Yes, Brooke! The board can't be finished like that, but it being six months already that I can't find what's lacking..." Wayatt says frustrated by his incapacity " tell me Brooke when seeing the board, what can you feel?"

"... Ummm... " She looks at the board attentively " the dark side of the board is quite sad, full of black thoughts I think, with nothing else than dark memories and sorrow for something, and this man by the lake seems to be the person creating such negativity."

"Well, and on the other side?" Wayatt continues asking.

She looks and continues expressing " a beautiful surrounding, sending out positivity, on the contrary, a feeling of freedom, of wellbeing and happiness. The surrounding looks welcoming, like a new beginning of life." Brooke continues staring at the board, feeling concerned by all that is being seen in the art.

" For you, why is the man looking at the other side?" Wayatt continues.

" ... The man is you right?" Brooke declares before looking back at Wayatt, he runs away from Brooke's gaze. Brooke puts her palms on his cheeks and looks at him " I wish I could know what happened to you Wayatt..." She says in a melancholic voice before he looks back at Brooke sadly answering her previous question " the man is you, you feel as you are suffocating in your present world like you have nothing else than darkness in your heart, that nothing else can enter but... You have that desire, that huge feeling of knowing what is peace, peace of the heart, what it is to be happy without being afraid of falling back into agony... How I understand you." She let out her palms from his cheeks.

" Even if he gets to that bright side, what will guarantee that he will not fall into his sadness?" Wayatt interrogates, still talking about the man on the board and refusing to admit directly that it is him they are talking about.

" ( Sighs) stop pretending and inspire yourself on you for this board. What would make you stop thinking so darkly, stop thinking you will never be happy. What is your motivation? " Brooke asks.

Wayatt realizes Brooke is right, that he doesn't need to go too far to search for a solution, that his solution is just in front of him. He takes Brooke's hands and by the back of her hands, he kisses them, then looks at her under her questioning regard.

" I need love, and my love is you. You are my motivation," he says and Brooke's eyes magnify a little, surprised by his words, not knowing what to say, feeling her legs losing balance, her heart pounding at a fast tempo and her slobber getting down to her throat.

" Me?... I'm more darkness than light you know," she turns back her gaze away from Wayatt looking at the ground sadly, her hands still into Wayatt's own. He picks up her chin before she directs her regard to him.

" I don't know for others, but what I know is that they will never have the luck I have to know who you are," Brooke brightens her face and leaves out a furtive smirk under Wayatt's words. He smirks too before joining his forehead to hers then they close their eyes.

" We're so different," Brooke says still in the same position with Wayatt.

" Yet similar!" He finishes.

She can't contain her joy and hugs Wayatt, he plugs his head into her neck, smelling the beautiful odor of her chestnut hairs, eyes close and feeling the moment.

She gets out of his arm "I will never leave you, do not forget you aren't alone," she kisses him for a while before asking him to paint, now that he has found his solution.

" Let me go and listen to music on the bed which waiting for you, " Brooke says before turning and going, but Wayatt holds her hand and she turns back to him.

" You are my muse, Brooke!" He looks at her as he never did before, full of tenderness he says to Brooke. She smiles and thanks him.

He removes his underwear shirt full of paint and gets ready to paint, while Brooke gets up her earphones and listens to music while reading some magazines. He looks at Brooke for a while, smirks, and wonders how he loves her, then continues his work.

Sometimes you may want to attain an objective, do everything to have it but finally discourage yourself when difficulties present themselves, at that precise moment you will need someone or something to keep you in action, not to discourage yourself, motivates you to continue no matter the difficulties. Don't think you are strong enough to do things alone, you may be wrong when the time comes. Wayatt let himself carried by the love he has for Brooke and now has a reason to smile, a reason to continue leaving and forgetting about his dark past. Same for our Brooke. As they both said "we are so different... Yet similar."

Hope you loved this chapter ♥️ have an amazing read guys.