chapter 16: hold me tight!

Still sitting on the warm sand, with Wayatt bending beside and trying to get her up, under her tears

" Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He says with an uneasy face.

" What are you doing here? ...just leave me Wayatt," Brooke says, not wishing to get up.

" Stop your shitty nonsense and get up," Wayatt insists.

" You said we should ignore ourselves, so what do you want from me?" She asks.

"Let's not talk about this now,"

" If it was Wendy, I'm sure you wouldn't tell her to ignore you," Brooke yells with tears getting down from her green eyes to her jaw.

Wayatt couldn't imagine, such a strong girl in impression would be able to be so sad and even whimper. He wonders what may put her in such a dilemma. Her eyes are red and full of tears, drops flowing along her jaws and sadness been browse on her face, he feels grieve for her, more tragic than her even, wanting to solace her if possible - but the question was how he will manage to do that.

" Is it because I have shown I'm a tough girl, that does not give any fucking consideration to what people think or say, that every one thing they can hurt me as they wish? that I will never cry. Fuck! I'm also a human, my heart oozes each time I get harmed, even if I'm not demonstrating it, I'm also able to cry, to be sad... I also have some limits." She yells while sobbing.

Wayatt is worried seeing her like that, he couldn't resist seeing a girl crying and strangely... He couldn't resist seeing Brooke so hazardous in front of him. She hides something, a deep wound she can't cure... Wayatt knows that feeling, not because he already had it... no! But because someone he loved felt like that, he never succeeded to cure the pain. Is it a second chance given to Wayatt? try again and cure the pains of Brooke.

He sits beside Brooke, under the wind blowing and the sound of the sea being blocked by the sobbing of Brooke, who digs her head in her arms placed on her knees lying on her chest as she crumbles. He looks at her and gets closer to her, lifting her head a little, now showing a red face full of tears and dyed with sorrow, he wipes her tears then opens his arms. " Do you want a hug?" He says simply, waiting for her to join him.

Brooke looks at him, stops sobbing for a while, does not want to know why he is doing it but thinks it could be the right thing. His curly hair shuffling by the wind, his deep dark eyes staring at her impatient waiting for her reaction and his long and soft hands opened largely for her to refuge in. Without any reluctance and feeling tears wanting to come out again due to this unpredictable attention, she throws herself into his arms and sob hardly, without retain. Digs into the interesting odour of the Latino boy covering her. She feels safeguarded, loved as she never felt before, it is more than talking to her, it is more than having fun, it is just a hug but means so much for her.

Wayatt enrolls his hand around Brooke and caresses delicately her straight chestnut hair smelling vanilla, with his other hand. They stay for a while, settling on the sand, looking at the sea and trying to calm down, realizing this moment is different from those they usually have, it is outstanding, with no noise around, not obliged to shout at each other. For both of them, it is perfect.

" Are you alright now?" Wayatt inquires, still holding Brooke.

She nods her head gently, in a sign of agreement and enforces herself into him.

" Thank you Wayatt!" Brooke gratitude with a low voice.

Wayatt smiles and gets her head to his and with a gorgeous smirk he says " come with me." Without having the time to repost, he gets up before Brooke does the same. He starts walking through the beach with Brooke following him behind, then he stops...

" What is it?" Brooke asks, with Wayatt still back to her. He turns and forwards a hand in front of her, not to separate her from the previous consolation he know he was giving her when she was in his arms.

" Come on!" He exclaims, inviting Brooke to follow him, hand in hand.

His attitude is different and Brooke does not seem to despise the new Wayatt she sees. She gets her hand into Wayatt's one and they walk through the beach together, their bare feet getting in contact with the sand.

They stop at a place far along of their aforesaid location, Brooke can see a painting board with painting boxes and brushes... In fact! All that an artist needs to paint a masterpiece. On the board, the work is already finished, Wayatt painted the beautiful horizon of the sunset in the morning, flashing on the agitated sea due to its wind, the colors are beautiful but different from what Brooke saw the other time in his room, they aren't dark and mysterious, but bright and gorgeous.

" So that's what you were doing here?" Brooke asks.

" Yes!" He answers.

" It is beautiful, I love the harmonization of the colours on your board, but they are different from what I saw last time,"

" Yes, because I wanted to do a different thing." Brooke agrees at his answer and stares at the board before the accentuated voice of Wayatt gets her off of her view. " Yes!" She answers after Wayatt called her name.

" I don't know what you are hiding in your heart, but what I know is that the Brooke you are showing everyone isn't her. You are different! But you don't realize it."

" Maybe!" Brooke simply says, getting her stares on the sand while kicking it with her feet.

Wayatt gets close to her and continues. " I also know, we didn't start on the right leg... So if you need a friend, I can be one of yours,"

Brooke hoists her head to him and gets in contact with his eyes.

" If you want us to be friends... Then we are just going to pretend," Brooke says.

" Pretend?" He repeats.

" Yes Wayatt, we can't be friends," Brooke starts. " Cause I don't consider my prey as friends." She continues.

" What do you mean by prey?"

" ...( chuckles) forget about that, don't worry, I'm not talking about love cause... I don't love ... but I get attracted, and more... interested." She says, full of temerity.

" So you want us to continue quarrelling?" He asks, not still understanding what Brooke is trying to say.

" Look Wayatt, it is clear you are handsome! very! very handsome!... And I don't date handsome boys..." She gets closer to Wayatt, raises her feet, gets her lips closer to his ear and whispers " I fuck them up!" She separates from him without closing the contact she has with his eyes. " But if you want to be my friend, then no problem. But know that I can't consider you as such."

Wayatt is impressed and stunned by her words and honesty doesn't know what to think about it. All he knows is that Brooke could be bad as hell but also pacific as heaven.

What do you all think?? Interesting right? Get in touch with Wayatt and Brooke... The couple " Brayatt"🤭🤭. Leave comments and votes, please!!