Chapter 30: Second chance

Brooke in a haste, get out rapidly, trying to calm down from her previous emotions, inhaling and exhaling before looking left and right.

She flings regards at her right and sees Mason near the pool, handling a bottle of whisky. She now remembers what she came here to do, and get to Mason.

" Mason!" She calls, before he turns willy-nilly in front of her, he looks at her with a stupid face, and with a dry voice, he says...

" H-hey Brooke...what are you doing here?"

She looks at him and the bottle, he is handling, nod her head and snatches the bottle from his hand before he growls and send out a "hey!" Exclaiming his surprise.

" Why are you here instead of being with Ashley?" Brooke puts down the bottle on the table and focuses on Mason.

" Sh-she is boring, she always wants me to do things I do not want, I'm tired," with his flawless voice, gesticulating his hands all ways, still hanging his stupid face, Brooke can't believe he is drunk and not profiting of the party with his girlfriend.

" You are tired because you know you can't handle her... And any other girl," Brooke tries to set his mind, preparing to tell him everything she knows.

" I can- handle any girl I want,"

" You perfectly know, you can't. You're gay Mason!" she finally throws out the secret on his face, his stupid face changes to a rough one. He stands without saying anything.

" I think you're drunk too," he adds, ignoring what Brooke says, turning a deaf ear.

" I am completely lucid, you are the one drunk. You heard me, I know you're gay. The fact you can't handle your relationship with Ashley is because you do not have any attraction for her," Brooke yells at him, while he turns his head from right to left, trying not to hear what she is saying, frowning his face, twisting his fist not to explode at her words, those words he didn't want to hear tonight. " I saw you mistreating my friend, without knowing why, believing that you were a dirty coward but never knew that you were more than this, an asshole! One of those who pretend not to confess who they are, because yes Mason Cooper, you are gay! gay!... you got it ..." she continues yelling.

He shouts and holds hardly Brooke close to him, tightening her strongly, while she tries to fight against him.

" I'm not gay, and I can prove it,"  He shouts and kisses Brooke forcefully under her fearful regard, not recognizing her friend and trying to separate from him.

Someone pulls him from behind and punches him. Wayatt holds Mason by his collar and asks him what he is doing. Mason out of him punches Wayatt in turn, and everything runs in a fight. Fred and another boy get out of the house with some people at the party. Fred detaches Wayatt from Mason, while the other guys do the same for Mason.

"Shit! What are you doing?" Wayatt yells at Mason.

Mason calms down and looks around him, discovering he is doing nonsense. Then sees Ashley looking at him pathetically and shamely, she runs away and he asks brutally the boy behind him to leave him go. He follows Ashley.

Fred leaves Wayatt while Mackenzie, Amber, and Francis try to know if Brooke is fine. Wayatt turns to Brooke while she lifts her head to him, to see if he is alright.

" Are you..." Brooke starts.

" What have you done again? How have you provoked him to kiss you now?" Wayatt asks trying to keep calm.

" What? Do you think I provoked him? What's the hell is wrong with you? Am I always the wicked one?" Brooke turns angry and gets into the house, with her friends following her.