chapter 39: A choice

Wendy still fixing at Brooke and Wayatt, with a surprised gaze, can't talk in front of such news,  everyone is just looking at her, waiting she should say something, but Mackenzie knew what was happening in the little girl's mind, so she decided t...

Wendy still fixing at Brooke and Wayatt, with a surprised gaze, can't talk in front of such news,  everyone is just looking at her, waiting she should say something, but Mackenzie knew what was happening in the little girl's mind, so she decided to break the silence.

" Erm...Wendy," Mackenzie says gladly, wanting to break the silence surrounding the room. " let me help you pick your books," Mackenzie bends to pick them, meanwhile Wendy gets back to her senses and also bend down to pick the remaining books, Mackenzie then gives them to Wendy with a smile. " I thought you couldn't come here at night anymore, because your mom is back?"

" ( clear her throat) yeah...Ummm I have finished my maths lessons late, so I profited to get here and greet you all..." she takes a break and looks back at the table " never wanted to disturb you."

" you aren't Wendy, instead come and join us." Mackenzie invites.

" No I can't,  I have to get back home soon. Just want to... congratulate the new house couple," she says in a trembling voice, just as if she was about to cry but didn't want to do. Everyone could notice the sorrow on her face, even Brooke, but all this instead animated pleasure to her, seeing her sister losing hopes.

" Thanks!" Brooke says happily while holding Wayatt's hand on the table, who doesn't seem very comfortable about the situation.

" Okay... I-I  have to go." Wendy hangs tightly her books and turns fast, then goes.

Wayatt gets up from his chair before Brooke holds his hand and he stops.

" Where are you going?" Brooke asks.

" I have to talk to her, I have to give her some explanations Brooke," Wayatt responds.

" I don't think so, you have nothing to clarify with her," Brooke insists.

" you perfectly know I have to," he caresses her cheek to assure her " Trust me, okay?" He gets a kiss on her forehead and gets outside.

Brooke wants to trust Wayatt of course, but can she trust her sister?

Wayatt walks quickly to Wendy, also walking very fast to her car, like to escape any conversation that may aggravate her situation, cause tears can't stop overflowing.  He calls her several times, but as he calls, Wendy walks more quickly, until she gets to her car and stops, Wayatt too stops and tells Wendy he wants to talk to her.

Wendy with her back facing Wayatt,  resigns and throws her book through the car's window, wipe her tears, and turns with a fake smile on her face, pretending everything is okay for her.

"You must be with your girlfriend and friends now, don't you?" Wendy asks, still trying to hide the big pressure her heart creates,  under the fear of inevitably talking to Wayatt now, and getting into deep sorrow.

" Wendy, I'm sorry! I know I had to respond to you earlier before taking such a decision but, everything went so fast, you know I..."Wayatt tries to justify before being cut off.

" I don't know why you are saying all these, you've made your choice and it's all in your honor. And now I clearly know it's not me your choice,"

" I'm sorry!" Wayatt continues with sorrow.

It is just enough for Wendy,  she can't hide anymore her tears, or they can't hide anymore, overflowing, again and again, sobbing to attenuate the pressure she feels, it's too much for her to bear.

" I-I  just thought... you were different, that you were not like other boys who always crave my sister than me. Who preferred intellectuals than seductive girls, but I was wrong. Just like others, she seduced you and here you are." Wendy blows her nose with a handkerchief, taking from her pocket, and wipes her tears.

"Your sister didn't seduce me as she did with other boys,  I just needed to know who she is and the person I found, immediately seduced me," Wayatt says.

" I don't understand!" She exclaims.

" You can't because you just focus on your quarrels with Brooke. If you were more of that sister you had to be with Brooke, I'm sure you would understand what I meant."

" she doesn't give me that opportunity," Wendy defends.

" And you don't make any shitty effort."

"She may break your heart, my sister can't love someone else than herself," Wendy warns.

" Stop that Wendy, you don't know her."

" And do you? Do you love her?" Wendy asks.

" I will not answer your question, not to you. I'm aware you're hurt," Wayatt says.

" Don't you want to answer? Or have you realized that this relationship may not be as you think? Are you ready to hear the comments of people, about you being the new game of Brooke?" Wendy provokes.

" Stop your nonsense!" Brooke shouts, while coming closer to them, bypasses Wayatt and faces, Wendy. " What are you trying to do? Do you want to fetch me down in front of Wayatt?"

"Brooke, no!" Wayatt tries to stop his girlfriend already looking devilish, not liking to see her so machiavelli.

" I will never permit anyone to harm me, and not even you, Wendy. I'm Wayatt's girlfriend,  and if you're not happy, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOUSE NOW!!" Brooke shouts.

Wendy smirks maliciously, before turning to her car and opening the door then says "Everything has an end, don't forget that, dear sister." She gets into her car and goes.

Wendy's reaction didn't disturb Brooke, she didn't remark the way she reacted. The only thing disturbing her now is what Wendy told her boyfriend. Returns to Wayatt, she breathes to calm down.

" I knew you didn't have to follow her, that's what she wanted," Brooke complains.

" Brooke I just..." Wayatt starts.

"She wants to keep you away from me, make sure she is with you..."

" Brooke wait..."

" I don't want you to talk to her again Wayatt."

" What?" Wayatt asks scandalize.

"Yes, I can't admit you continue talking to her, perfectly knowing the feeling she has for you. "

" Stop that Brooke, you're paranoid! Your sister has understood that I'm now with you, nothing will happen. You can't ask me such a thing."

" No! I don't want to see you with her, is it clear?" Brooke insists.

"Who do you think I am to you? don't think I'm like those boys you can control easily, stop shitting up! I will not do that,"

" Well Wayatt, Wendy or Brooke, is up to you." Brooke crosses Wayatt and gets back to the house furious.

Wayatt stays and just can't imagine that it will be everyday like this, he is in between his girlfriend and his friend. "What a shitty situation!"

Hope you love, comment, vote, and enjoy guys.