Chapter 3

No one's POV

Max was completely frozen as he stared at the giant wolf that was now staring at him and his family. And by this time all of the siblings were awake and starring at this wolf just waiting to see what it will do. 

Max's POV

Max's mind: "I need to reach my guns but I can't while it's looking at me or, it might attack us." 

Just then he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Susan had grabbed Rachel and was trying to sneak further into the cave where the wolf couldn't reach them. The only problem was that he couldn't see William anywhere. 

Max's mind: "He must be with the girls now I just have to get to them before it can get me." 

His attention was quickly drawn back to the wolf when he heard her shifting herself from her current position. She also had curious look on her face and opened her mouth to speak. 

???: "Hey there little one it's no need to be afraid I won't hurt you." She said sitting on her knees while smiling warmly.  

When Max saw the wolf get on her knees he took the opportunity and dashed to where his other siblings were.

???: "Wait come back, please." She said as she extended her hand to reach for him. 

He was able to evade her hand as he slid into his sibling's hiding spot. Once he stood up he look back to see if she could reach them but he then noticed that something was not right. 

Max: "Wait where is William?" He said worriedly. 

Susan: "I thought he was behind you."

Max: "No I thought he came in here with you guys." 

Then realizing where he might be the two carefully looked out of their spot only to have their greatest fears come true. Instead of going with his sisters William had sunk into his sleeping bag and covered his face with his pillow in an attempt to hide from the wolf. Who was now walking towards them? 

???: "Little ones please come out I promise I won't hurt you I just want to talk." She said in a convincing voice. 

The wolf didn't seem to notice him yet which was good cause who knows what she would do to him if she found the boy. They had hoped that once the storm passed the giant wolf would leave but, unfortunately, they could still hear the rain pouring down outside and from the sound of it, it wasn't going to let up anytime soon. 

After about five minutes Max peaked out to see if William was ok. And to his relief, his hiding spot has yet to be discovered and, he also saw the wolf but she wasn't sitting in front of them anymore she had moved back to her original spot by the cave entrance. 

William's POV 

William's mind: I was hiding in my sleeping bag but I knew that it would eventually find me so I needed to get to Max and the others before it did. 

So William quietly crawled out of his bag he looked around until he saw the wolf sitting by the entrance of the cave. But then she looked over towards where the children were hiding. William quickly ducked behind some rocks hoping she did not see him. To his relief she didn't him but, he then noticed something about the wolf. She started to move towards their hiding spot but decided against it. He also noticed her face had a very sad look on her face which surprised him. 

William's mind: "Why is she sad?" He thought to himself. Then after watching her for a quick moment he came to a conclusion. " I don't think she wants to harm us."