chapter 23

No one's POV

The sun was hanging low in the sky as the day was drawing to a close. Everyone in the village was either finished with their daily work or just about to. And just outside of the village the hunting had finally returned home. 

Everyone in the party was tried and ready to return to their families. They hadn't fully reached the village yet but, once they saw the village their hearts were filled with joy and happiness for they were finally home and, the young hunters could barely contain their excitement. 

Max's POV

Max was currently walking ahead of the group with Lydia right at his side. And his parents right behind them. The two of them had spent the entire journey home walking and talking with each other. They had started to bond greatly and Max came to realize that he too had feelings for the wolfess and, was happy to learn that she had the same feelings for him.

Right now Lydia was telling him about her family whom she couldn't wait to introduce him to.

Max: "So your dad and mom run the wood mill at the village." He asked intrigued to learn more about her family.

Lydia: "Yep that's right, mom and dad have been running it ever since I could remember." She said happily with a hint of pride. "They always worked very hard to help the village. But still found time to spend with me and my older brother."

Max: "That's cool they sound like awesome parents."

Lydia: "They sure are, and I know they will love to meet you."

Max: "I hope so." He said nervriovly.

Just then Mason called out diverting everyone's attention towards him.

Mason: "Look everyone we're home." He said happily while pointing in front of them.

Everyone looked in front of them and upon seeing their home their hearts filled with joy. Because they were finally home.

Tullius: "Finally we are home." He said excitedly.

Serena: "Yes I can't wait to see my family again."

Max then heard his mother speak up to his father.

Summer: "And I can't wait to see my other pups." She said excitedly.

Mason: "Me too my mate, me too."

The group walked into the village and were quickly seen by Kai. Since he was doing a walk around the village making sure everything is ok. And once he saw them he quickened his pace and headed straight towards them.

Kai: "Welcome home my friends, it is so good to see you again." He said happily with his arms opened wide.

Mason stepped forward and hugged his alpha/brother in law then said.

Mason: "It is good to see again as well alpha." He then broke the hug and motioned to the young hunters. "And I do have to say that everyone did very well on the hunt as you can see." He said while pointing towards the sled that the deer was laying on.

Upon seeing it Kai smiled and said.

Kai: "Indeed you all have done this village proud."