Chapter 13

No one's POV

Max and the others were currently walking back to the village. The sun was just starting barley peeking over the mountain peak It was starting to get dark. The creatures of the forest were heading into their homes while others came out looking for food. 

Tullius was still carrying Serana cause of her ankle hurting pretty badly. Max was still in the gentle embrace of Lydia as she refused to let him go. How ever the wolves didn't notice it but Max had become very nervous and was darting his eyes back all around the forest due to the fact that ghouls like to hunt at night. He tried his best to hide his nervousness  but he was noticed by Serana.  

Sernana's POV

Serana was laying her head on Tullius's shoulder while he carried her back to the village. She looked over towards Lydia who had Max still in her arms. Looking up at his face Serana noticed Max's eyes were darting around everywhere as if he was looking out for something. She got a little worried for her friend so she decided to do something about it. 

Serana: "Hey Tullius can we stop for a minute?" She said in a pleading voice. 

Tullius: "What is something wrong?" He said in a concerned voice. 

Serana then discreetly pointed over to Lydia and Max. When Tullius followed her finger in the direction it was pointing he saw Max and how he was acting. Then he looked back towards Serana and saw a pleading look in her eyes. Tullius knew she wanted to help Max and seeing how dark it was getting he knew they wouldn't be able to get back to the village in time. 

Tullius: "Alright everyone, I say we make camp for the night since its already getting dark. We will resume our return to the village at next light."  He said looking back at the others.

Lukas/Lydia: "Alright".

But Max just remained silent while still looking around. The group found a small patch of ground that had large patches of grass and moss all of the ground. And massive trees created a makeshift wall around the patch of ground. The group saw this as a perfect spot for the night so they all entered the area.

Once they entered the group Tullius placed Serana on a patch of moss so she could rest in a comfortable place. Lydia sat to her right while still holding Max against her chest. Lukas walked in and laid Max's deer on the ground and then Tullius and himself left to go and get some firewood. 

Max's POV

Max: " Lydia can you please put me down now? I think my legs are falling asleep." He said in a pleading voice. 

Lydia: "But you are so perfect for cuddling up too." She said while holding him closer to herself. 

Max let out a sigh of annoyance. But Sereana was quick to come to his rescue. 

Serena: "Lydia I think you need to let him go alright." She said looking her in the eyes. 

Lydia: " But he saved us and I need to ensure he is alright and taken care off and I..."

Serana: " Lydia if you keep this up he may just avoid you for being so clingy to him." She said a little more sternly. 

Lydia: " O ok sorry Max." She said with a hint of sadness in her voice. 

She placed Max in between them and turned head away from him with her ears lowered to her head. Max stood up and looked up at her and noticed her saddened face. 

Max's mind: " Aww man she was just trying to show how much she wanted to be friends and now she thinks I don't want to be friends. When I really do." He thought to himself.