Chapter 14

No one's POV

The sun was peeking over the mountain tops painting the sky red and orange colors. The ground shined and glimmered from the morning dew. And the air was filled with the songs of birds waking up from their night's rest. 

And inside a small tree circle, a group of young wolves and a single human slept peacefully. However, all except one remained awake the entire night so he could watch over his pack mates and keep them from harm. 

Tullius's POV

Tullius had stayed awake the whole night watching over his friends. But he couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched from the shadows.

Tullius looked out into the forest and saw the sun warmly shining through the trees. He took a deep breath in and slowly let it out.

Tullius: "Ah today is going to be a good day." He said with a smile.

After saying that he decided it was time to wake the others up so they could return to the village. He stood up from his spot and walked over to the rest of the group who were all still sleeping peacefully.

But as he was walking back he caught a glimpse of two silhouettes dashing thru the woods. And when he blinked his eyes to adjust them so he could fully see what they were the creatures were gone. It was as if they were never there. 

Tullius's mind: " What in the world was that? I have never seen anything move that fast before." He thought to himself.  

After a few seconds, he continued with his previous task of waking the others from their slumber. He walked up to the fire pit he glanced over at everyone but quickly noticed that someone was missing. 

Out of everyone he saw he didn't see Max. 

Tullius: "EVERYONE WAKE UP NOW!" He yelled with deep concern in his voice. 

Lydia and Lukas were quick to wake up. They both sprung up while simultaneously drawing their daggers from their sheaths and getting in a defensive stance ready for a fight. 

Lukas: " What Tullius what is it where is the danger?" He said looking around. 

Lydia: " Yes where is the threat?"

Tullius: " There is no threat but, Max is missing." He said pointing towards the spot their human friend was last seen. 

Both Lukas and Lydia looked to where they last saw Max and when they saw that he was gone they too started to freak out.  

Lydia: "Where did he go? Did something take him last night?" She said in a very worried tone. 

Tullius: "No nothing came into the camp last night it was just us." He said while thinking hard about last night's events.

However, as Lydia and Tullius panicked about what happened with Max. Lukas noticed something that was out of the ordinary.  He noticed that first off unlike Serena didn't wake up in a panic and, she also was curled up around something and she had a big smile on her face. He walked up closer to her and looked a little closer. 

And when he did his theory was quickly confirmed. 

Lukas: " So that is what happened." He said with a grin. 

Hearing Lukas speak up caught both Lydia's and Tullius's attention. 

Tullius: "What Lukas did you find Max." He said looking towards his friend. 

Lukas:" Sure did look at Serena." He said pointing to the still sleeping wolfess. 

Lydia: "Ok and what are we looking at."