Chapter 29

No one's POV

Time seemed to come to a halt as everyone now stated in aw at the waking boy. Summer moved to the opposite side of the bed to Lydia. While everyone else moved to the foot.

Max slowly and weakly opened his eyes more, he was temporarily blinded be the light but, his eyes quickly adjusted and allowed him to look upon his family and friends that were all around him.

Summer reached over and cupped his cheek. Which in turn caused Max to look over at her. Once he saw his mother a smile appeared on his face leaned into her warm soft fur and then said.

Max's POV

Max: "Hello mother." He said happily yet weakly.

Seeing him look at her and hearing him say that Summer's lips quivered and a few tears escape her eyes. She fully leaned over the bed and embraced her pup in a warm gentle hug. With his head resting on her shoulder and the rest of his body gently pressed to her chest.

Summer: "(crying) O my pup. I'm so happy your awake." He said happily while a few more tears escaped her eyes.

Max leaned into his mother's embrace and using all his strength he wrapped his arms around her neck.

Max: "Don't worry mom, I don't plan on going anywhere." He said with a small smile.

Summer then lifted her head and kissed Max on the forehead. After she a second or two she pulled her lips away from him and, relinquished her embrace of him. Allowing him to return to his position no the bed while she just sat there on the edge looking at her pup.

Max looked at his mother with a smile on his face. That's is until he felt another hand being place on his chest. Max glanced down at the large fur covered hand then towards it's owner. Upon doing so he was quickly met with the teary eyes of Lydia as she started at him happily.

Max: "Hello my love, I've missed you."

Lydia didn't say a word, instead she leaned over and kissed Max on the lips and wrapped her arms around him once again bringing the boy into a gentle embrace.

Summer and everyone else chuckled at seeing the scene of a human getting kissed by a wolf that was about twice his size. And after a few seconds Lydia pulled her lips away from Max but, instead of letting him go fully she moved to his side and spooned him with her arms still wrapped around his back and chest.

She nuzzled his face and neck and, Max gave off several laughs as he felt her cold wet snout gently rubbing against his skin.

Lydia: "O love I'm so happy to see you awake." She said happily.

Before Max could say anything both Tullius and Serena walked up to the foot of the bed. Both of them had massive smiles on their faces az they looked upon their friend.

Tullius: "It's good to see you awake my friend."

Serena: "Indeed how do you feel Max." She said just a little concerned.

Max: "Still pretty weak, but I think I can still go hunting with you guys." He said jokingly.

Silver however, missed his joke and walking up to her sister she pointed and the boy and in a stern yet loving tone she said.

Silver: "Absolutely not young one." She said sternly. "You are not leaving this bed until you are fully healed. Do you understand me?"

Kai then walked up and gentle placed both Rachel and Star on the bed. He then turned to his mate and gently placed a hand on her shoulder and said.

Kai: "My love I think he is joking." He said somewhat amused.

Max: "Indeed Alpha, I was merely joking." He said trying to hold in a laugh or two.