Chapter 27

No one's POV

The moon was now at its highest peak in the sky and millions of stars littered the sky. However, as the moon's light shined thru the trees of the forest it revealed a terrifying sight.

Underneath the mighty trees, the air was thick with tension. On one side stood the entire village of wolves, who were all standing strong growling loudly and displaying their fangs and weapons ready to jump into battle at the command of their alpha.

On the other side stood around two dozen ghouls. They all growled, bearing their teeth and claws as they stood by awaiting the command of their leader. But four ghouls held the three human children along with the now-injured Ulfric hostage.

And within the center of all of this stood the alpha ghoul and Max. The alpha ghoul had given the young boy a very difficult choice to make which would determine the fate of the boy's family and friends forever. But Max then quickly countered with his own alternative. He challenged the ghoul to a one-on-one fight he only waited to see if the ghoul would accept his challenge or not.

Max's POV

Max just stood there constantly darting his back and forth from his siblings to the Alpha Ghoul that stood a mere few feet from his face. Max knew that in order to save both his family and friends he would have to fight Apollyon. So mustering all of his courage he stepped forward and repeated himself.

Max: "So ghoul I will say it again." He said sternly. "I challenge you to a one-on-one fight right here right now. If I win then you will free everyone and never return. And if you win then I will willing to come with you but, you free my family and Ulfric." He said plainly.

Max quickly heard his friends and parents behind him.

Summer: "Max no you can't do this!" She said both sternly and concerned.

Mason: "Yes listen to your mother. We can defeat this demon another way."

Lydia: "Max please don't do this."

Max just ignored their cries and those from others and remained starring at the ghoul. He watched as the ghoul grew a smile on his face. This followed by him bursting out laughing. After a few seconds, the ghoul calmed himself and looked towards the boy, and laughed.

Apollyon: "Very well boy I accept your challenge. I will allow you to go to your family for a few moments cause they will be your last." He said smiling wickedly.

The ghoul then motioned the boy away and walked back to his pack. Max slowly turned around and headed back to his pack. He glanced over and saw his siblings who were all crying with worried and scared faces. He then noticed Ulfric who looked at him with a face of regret and fear. Max just nodded to them with a small smile and, even mouthed the words "it is going to be ok." to them after a few more steps he made it back to everyone and, was quickly greeted by his parents who didn't seem to happy about his decision. 

Summer knelt down and quickly put a hand on the boy's shoulder. Once he looked up at her he saw tears in her eyes and a stern look draped over her face.

Summer: " (Crying) Max what is wrong with you?" She said angrily while tears ran down her face. "You can't fight that demon by yourself." 

Mason: "Your mother is right son. We won't let you fight that thing understand." He said angrily. 

Just then Kai and Silver walked up to them and spoke up. 

Kai: "We have the ability to fight them with our full strength. We can take them." 

Silver: "Indeed and while we fight a few of us can get the pups away from the ghouls and...." 

Max: "NO YOU CAN'T!!!!" He yelled at the top of his lunges.