Chapter 26

No one's POV

The sun had set and a full moon was high up in the sky accompanied by millions of bright stars. But down on the earth's surface, a young wolf ran as fast as he could searching desperately through his village hoping to find his friends before it was too late. 

Ulfric's POV

Ulfric was running as fast as he could just trying to pick up any indication of where Hawk took Max's siblings. He knew that if he didn't rescue them soon then they would most likely would never be seen again. 

Ulfric's mind: "Come on come in where could they be." He thought franticly to himself as he dashed thru the village. " I have to find them quickly." 

He ran throughout the entire village it seemed not to find a single clue that would tell him where Hawk took the children. He opened every door and, went thru every home, shop, and building in the village that he could find. But only came up with nothing. 

He stopped right in the middle of the village and, felt like he failed. 

Ulfric's mind: "No no no I can't find any trace of them." He thought sadly. His ears went flat against his head and he even let out a small whimper. " I'm sorry I couldn't save you." He said out loud with tears building up in his eyes. 

(Author: "But unknown to Ulfric I always give a sign of hope. that evil will never triumph" ;) )

Just then a small sound was heard thru the air. 

???: "Woof! Woof! Woof!" 

Ulfric's ears perked up quickly and he raised his head up facing the direction of the sound.

Ulfric: "What was that?" He said slightly confused 

He scanned the area trying to spot the source of the noise hoping it would lead him to his goal. He looked around and couldn't spot anything he was about to give up when it happened again.

???: "Woof! Woof! Woof!" 

Ulfric: "There it is again but, where is it?" He said looking harder into the night.

Just then Ulfric spotted a small figure running towards him very quickly. 

Ulfric: "What is that?" He said squinting his eyes trying to identify what was coming towards him. 

Whatever it was made a b-line right for him. it didn't take long for it to get to him and when it did Ulfric was able to see it more clearly. 

It was a very small and young wolf pup. The little pup ran up to him and started to ump up at Ulfric's legs barking franticly as if it was trying to tell him something." 

Ulfric: "Hey wait a minute I know you. Your that pup that Max's little brother took in." He watched as the pup just continued to jump up at him. "What is it little one what are you trying to tell me?" 

He watched as the pup stopped jumping turned around ran a few feet away stopped then looked right back at him.  

Robert: "Woof! Woof! Woof." 

Ulfric then noticed that the pup was pointing his nose towards the main gate. His eyes then went wide due to him realizing what the pup was trying to tell him. 

Ulfric: "Do you know where Max's siblings are?" He asked hopefully. 

The pup just huffed once then ran off towards the gate as fast as he could. Not waiting a second Ulfric gave chase trying to catch up to the little wolf.