Chapter 15

No one's POV

It had been two weeks since the ghoul attack on Max. Thankfully Summer was able to get Max to the village healer before he lost to much blood. Max was then taken to their home where he was placed in their bed while his body healed. In order to prevent the other children from worrying too much Kai and Silver offered to take William, Rachel, and Susan into their home.

Max had yet to wake up and Summer refused to leave his side. He also had Tullius, Lydia, Lukas, and Serana visit them every day.

The sun was now setting on yet another day painting the sky with wonderful colors and yet no one stopped to admire them. The wolves of the village were finishing up their daily chores around the village and were returning to their homes. And inside a small hut on top of the hill a young boy laid on a bed with bandages wrapped around his shoulder and stomach. While wolf leaned against the left side of the bed with a hand over the boys chest.

Summer's POV

Summer sat in a chair beside the bed while keeping a hand over Max. And on the other side of the house Mason was standing by the cooking pot finishing up dinner. Kai had told them that they were given a pardon from all their regular tasks so they could care for Max.

Summer didn't sleep and barely ate all her attention was on Max and Mason was starting to get worried about her health. He had just finished making some meat stew and had filled two bowls up. He then walked over to Summer and held out the bowl.

Mason: "Summer please eat you won't do him any good if you starve yourself." He said with concern.

She then looked up at her mate and he quickly saw streaks going down her face from crying so much.

Summer: "I failed him Mason, I told him that I would protect him from those demons and, he ended he so close to death. I failed as a mother." She said while tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

Mason sat down the bowls on the nightstand. Then quickly wrapped his arms around her neck bringing her into a gentle hug.

Mason: "There was nothing you could of done to stop them and if anyone is to blame it is me. I was the one who sent him on that hunt."

Summer: " But I was right there Mason I was a mere few feet away from him and now he might not wake up." She said as tears escaped her eyes.

Mason leaned back and wiped the tears away

Mason: "Summer he will wake up and when he does we will shower him with love. There is no doubt about it." He said with a reassuring smile.

Summer: "(Sniff) Yes my mate you are right he will wake up and we will show him just how much he means to us." She said with a smile.

Mason then stood up and retrieved the bowls and then returned to his mate and handed her a bowl which this time she accepted. The two began to eat and after a minute or two they were finished with their meal. They carefully crawled into bed on either side of Max.

Summer then leaned over and kissed Max's face then proceeded to place a hand to over his chest while Mason did the same.

Mason: " Goodnight you two see you in the morning." He said with a smile.

Summer then leaned forward and kissed Mason then laid her head down on the pillow. Mason then pulled the blanket over all of them and then the two wolves fell asleep.

Time skip.

No one's POV

The sun was now shining down upon the village and the skies were crystal blue. The sound of the birds singing filled the air and, the wolves of the village were all starting to wake up.