Chapter 28

No one's POV

It had been a whole week since the duel between Max and Apollyon. After Max fell unconscious he was quickly taken to the village healer. He was able to stop the bleeding but, was concerned that he had lost too much blood. He was taken to the main hall where Kai had him rest on their bed so they could keep a very close eye on him.

Kai ordered any and all hunters and fighters of the village to hunt down any and all remaining ghouls until they were all destroyed. 

Mason gladly lead this small campaign since he didn't want another ghoul coming anywhere near his pups. 

Summer, however, stayed behind not wanting to leave her pups for a very long time. Even going as far as saying they were not allowed to leave her sight until their father came back.

Lydia had requested to stay by Max's side until he woke up which Kai happily granted. She never left his side always either laying on the bed curled up around him or sitting off to the side with a hand placed over the boy she loved. 

Serena, Tullius, Lukas, and Ulfric visited them every day and, would spend hours by Lydia and Max's side hoping that soon he would wake up.

 And Lukas even built up the courage to ask Susan if she wanted to go out with him which to his surprise she said yes to. Now they have been together for a few days and everyone says they were meant for each other. 

Omega, however, felt the full wrath of the pack for aiding in the kidnapping of the children.  He was tried and upon being found guilty was put to death. 

Now after a few days, the village was almost back to normal. Everyone went on with their usual tasks and daily routines. But everyone hoped that Max would wake up soon. 

No one's POV

It was a nice sunny day, the sun shined down warmly with not a single cloud in sight. A gentle breeze blew thru the forest and the air was filled with the sounds of birds singing happily. 

The wolves of the village were happily going thru their daily routines. Elrindir and Adrianne were pounding away at their forge, Wilson and Lucy were happily running their shop with Angel. 

And within the main hall Silver had just woken up only to find Kai had already gotten up and left. Most likely checking on the village, she let out a small sigh then heard a few small giggles coming from a crib located beside her bed. A smile spread across her face and she quickly made her way over to it. 

Upon getting to the crib she was greeted with little Star smiling up at her while reaching for her mother. 

Silver's POV 

Silver: "Well hello there little one how is my little pup today?" She asks in a sweet motherly tone. 

The little pup only continued to happily giggle at her mother and reach up to her. Silver happily reached down and gently scooped up Star cradling the pup in her arms. 

Silver nuzzled her pup and tickled her stomach. Listening to her pup laugh only filled her heart with joy and happiness. After a few seconds of playing with her pup Silver turned and walked out of her room with Star still in her arms. 

She entered the main room and was heading towards the guest bedroom to check on Max and Lydia. But before she could reach it several knocks came from the main door. 

Silver: "Hmm must be either Summer and her pups, or Lydia's friends coming to visit Max again." She said plainly. 

Silver walked over to the door and slowly opened it. The warm sin light poured in and the sounds of the village came thru. Once fully opened Silver saw that it was Serena, Tullius, and little Rachel.