Chapter 7

No one's POV

The two wolves woke up to the warm rays of sunshine that entered the cave.

The two looked at each other and smiled they quickly shared a kiss with one another but, then the sound of yawning drew their attention towards their chest.

They looked at the source to see that William slowly waking up from his peaceful slumber

William's POV

William's eyes slowly opened and we're greeted by the sight of Summer and Mason warmly smiling at him.

Mason: "Good morning little one. Did you sleep well?" He said kindly 

William let out another yawn and then looked back into Mason's eyes.

William: "Sure did your fur is so soft and warm." He said while smiling at the wolf.

Mason: "Glad you enjoyed it." He said with a light chuckle.

Both Mason and Summer nuzzled the boy which earned them a few giggles from him. Then with one hand Mason gently picked up William and sat him on the ground. He then proceeded to slowly sit up so as to not wake Rachel who was still sleeping in his embrace.

William then walked over to the fire pit and tried to start a fire. while the two wolves just watched him.

After a few minutes later all the children had woken up and were now sitting around the fire making breakfast. Summer and Mason and walked to the cave entrance to talk about something but reassured the children that they would be right back.

Max's POV

Max was sitting near the fire heating up emergency rations that were supposed to taste like bacon and eggs. When Susan looked toward Summer and Mason with a worried look.

Max: "What's wrong Susan?" He said in a worried tone.

Susan turned to face her brother.

Susan: "It's just looking at Summer and Mason together reminds me of mom and dad." She said with tears building up in her eyes.

William and Rachel then stood up and hugged their older sister as she let her tears flow.

Susan: "(Crying) I really miss them." She said as more tears ran down her face.

Max then stood up and walked around the fire to where his sister was sitting. He then reached out and brought her into a gentle hug along with his younger siblings.

Max: "I know, I miss them too. But I know for a fact that mom and dad would want us to be sad instead we should dwell on all the good times we had with them." He said while rubbing her back in an attempt to comfort her.

Susan: "(Sniff) Thank you max I needed that." She said smiling at her older brother.

Max: "Hey that's what I'm here, for now, come on and eat the food is ready." 

He then stood back up and started to give out the food he prepared to his siblings. Who happily accepted the food and ate while enjoying each other's company. 

Meanwhile over near the cave's entrance.

Summer POV

Summer: "So Mason are you ready to tell the children what we have decided." She said with excitement in her voice.

Mason: " Yes love hopefully they will agree to come with us." He said a little worried.

Summer: "I'm sure they will my love so, come on let's go." She said barely able to contain her excitement.