Chapter 4

No one's POV

The storm was still raging and the freezing wind blew into the cave but the occupants inside the cave were unfazed. The children soundly sleeping knowing they were safely secured in the warm gentle embrace of the giant wolf. However, there was something that made Summer wake up from her peaceful slumber. 

Summer's POV

Summer was quietly sleeping thinking of the children that are now under her care but, then she felt the presence of something that sent shivers down her spine. 

She opened her eyes and slowly raised her head up as to not disturb the children. She looked around but, couldn't see anything even with her superior eyes she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. 

Summer's mind: "Must be my mind playing tricks on me." 

She went to lie back down but, a foul stench filled her nose. She sniffed the air to find the source and it lead back to the entrance to the cave. Unlike last time when she looked, she saw something coming towards her. The creature had the same outline as the children and, the closer it got the stronger the scent got. 

Summer's mind: "What is that thing?"

It then stepped out of the cover of night and into the cave revealing its horrifying self. The creature almost looked human. But its skin was white as snow. Its body was very muscular with large hands and feet supporting long and razor-sharp claws and talons on each finger and toe. Its face looked like a normal human but, its ears were flat against its head and appeared to have no nose, its eyes were blood red, and the creature had no lip which easily revealed its dagger-like teeth. The creature was none other than an alpha ghoul. 

The creature walked a few feet into the cave and stopped and stared at Summer

The creature walked a few feet into the cave and stopped and stared at Summer. Summer never took her eyes off the creature in fear of it attacking her and the children but, it did something she never expected. 

Instead of attacking the creature pointed one of its clawed fingers towards her direction. She first thought the creature was pointing at her but, she quickly realized that it was pointing towards the children. 

Once she realized this she tightened her hold on the children and let off a low growl bearing her teeth at the creature.  

Summer: "If you want these kids you demon then you will have to deal with my wrath first." She said growling angrily

The creature then lowered its finger and, made a sound that sounded like it was laughing at her. It started to back out of the cave while still making the laughing noise. The creature slowly disappeared into the night until it had completely vanished.

Summer then didn't stop starring at the cave entrance for a while until she was sure the creature was gone. She then looked back at the children and gave a worried look due to her now knowing that thing would be hunting these kids until it got to them. Summer knew that she had to bring them to her pack for their safety.