46. Girls day.

Lucy's POV

Me and jake are sat eating breakfast he made since mum had to rush off early for work when your dad walks in with an almost empty plate and we look up in confusion.
"I don't know what's changed but suddenly Luke's eating more then he has since he's been here." He says as he washes off the plate.
"He ate all of that?" Jakes asks clearly in shock and I get an idea.

Stacy 🤪

Are you upstairs?

No 😅

So Luke magically started eating again?

What can I tell u kid miricals happen

So if I went upstairs right now 🤔

Ok fine little miss detective. I'm upstairs

I can't help but smile a little. There just something so cute knowing Luke would push through any challenge just to make her happy.

"What you smiling at?" Jake asks and I look up.
"Funny meme." I say knowing Jake isn't a fan of memes so he wouldn't ask.
"Ok." He says and begins to clear away his food now he's finished.
"I'm gonna go check in on Luke." I say and Jake just gives me a thumbs up. I casually walk over to the stairs and then sprint up to Luke's room. I open the door and find Luke sat watching tv.

He casually looks over at me and smiles before he flicks his eyes back to the tv.
"Told you it was Lucy." He says. Then I see Stacy pop up from the other side of the bed.
"Yeah well if that was Jake you would've been greatful I dove on the floor." She says making me laugh as I close the door behind me.
"If it had been Jake I'd be shocked he ran up the stairs. He's not as athletic as you'd think." Luke says as he extends his arm as I walk over and he pulls me into a hug.
"Very true." I laugh.
"Hey Lucy." Stacy says with a half embarrassed look on her face.
"Hey strange girl kneeling on my big brothers floor." I joke and Luke gently laughs.
"Well she wouldn't be the first." He mumbles and I wack him lightly at the back of his head.
"Did not need that image big bro." I huff.
"Neither did I." Stacy huffs.
"So what are you doing here. I thought you were coming later." I ask Stacy.
"That was the plan. But I missed your stupid brother too much." She huffs as she dusts herself off.
"Cheers love." Luke mumbles still staring at the tv.
"So what's your plans for the day?" She asks.
"Shopping." I say and her eyes light up.
"Can I come please." She says abs I laugh.
"Of course you can." I say.
"Damn. Came cause you missed me now I'm being ditched for boots." Luke says. Now it's Stacy who leans over and wacks him on the back of his head.
"For that I'm taking your card." She smiles evilly as she flashes his wallet that she must of got off the nightstand. "Come on Lucy. Let's go to lunch. Luke's treat." She grins and I smile back. She links her arm with mine and we walk out.

We pass Jake on the stairs who stops and just points at Stacy.
"When did you-" but we rush past him and to the door.
"Bye Jake." We yell laughing as we rush out the door.
"We'll take my car it's just around the corner." Stacy says. We walk around to her car and I hop into the passenger seat.
"Jezze it feels so long since we last did this." I say as she turns on the engine.
"I know right. I've missed this." She smiles and we pull our and start our way to the mall.
"I need coffee. You want anything Lucy?" Stacy says as she pulls into a Starbucks.
"Sure. I'll have a cappuccino." I say and she smiles.
"Ooo yes. Sounds good." She says and orders 2 cappuccinos.

We get our coffee and pull into the mall car park and then we shop for the entire day. We tried on silly clothes and got drinks from the food court. And by the end we had our arms stacked with bags of things we'd bought. Stacy mostly got clothes and makeup. And I mostly bought basketball and skateboard things from my favourite sports shop. I even got some new trucks to put on my deck because my current ones need replacing. I also got a few clothes and some gym clothes.

"So. How are things?" Stacy asks me as we sit down for dinner at a restaurant.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Last time I saw you I was dropping you off at the airport. A lots happened between then and now and.... I guess I'm just saying I'm worried about you Lu." She says and I squeeze her hand.
"Honestly, I've been better but I've also been worse. I feel comfortable around Luke again and get along with my brothers but..." I sigh.
"But what?" She frowns slightly.
"I don't know if I wanna live there anymore." I sigh and she stills. "I love being close by to my brothers and I enjoy my time with you but both those houses are just..."
"So would you come back if there was somewhere else you could live?" She asks sadly.
"Of course I would. I really do wanna go back I just can't be in those houses right now. But I can't ask Jake and Luke to move just because of me." I say.
"You know they would though." She adds and k smile. 
"I know they would but that doesn't mean they should." I say. 
"Well... what if you came to live at my house?" My eyes widen in shock.
"Stacy I couldn't-" I start.
"Why not. You and I are friends. It's close to Luke and Jake. It's close to your school. You'd get everything you want out of it and I'm hardly ever there unless you want me to be and I know Jake and Luke would love it if you stayed. Your good for them Lu. You did the impossible and got them talking again without even trying!" She says and I laugh gently.
"Ok. If Jake and Luke are fine with it then I don't see why not." I say and she starts clapping like a little kid with joy.
"Goody." She cheers and I laugh.

We finish up our food and carry on talking till it gets late. It's dark when we get back to the house so I say goodnight to Stacy and go to my room. I hear her go into Luke's room and a small smile creeps across my lips.

Stacys POV

I expect Luke to be asleep when I walk through the door but instead he's sat up watching tv. He rolls his head and looks me up and down.
"And where have you been?" He says and I laugh. I walk over to him and drop my bags as I kiss him.
"Like I said I was at the mall with Lucy." I say.
"The mall closed 3 hours ago." He frowns.
"Yes and we went for dinner." I say.
"Without me? How rude." He jokes as he cups my face and kisses me again.
"Actually I need to tell you something." I say as I walk to the end of the bed and so down.
"What's wrong?" He says as he pushes himself further upright.
"Lucy said she doesn't feel comfortable moving back into yours and Jakes houses." I look at him and see the pain in his eyes but his face doesn't move.
"Ok?" He sighs.
"It's not that she doesn't love you she does," I grab hold of one of his hands for support. "It's just there's a lot of painful memories there and she doesn't want to stay there. But she still want to be with you and Jake." I say.
"Stac where are you going with this?" He says and I swallow hard and let out a long breath.
"I suggested she come stay with me." I say. I feel him tense but he doesn't move her doesn't talk he doesn't even look at me.

6 minutes passes and he's not moved.
"Luke please, talk to me." I nearly cry and he sighs and runs a hand through his hair.
"I don't know what to say Stac. On one hand I love how caring you are and how your so willing to help and care for my little sister. But at the same time it means my little sister moving in with you and that-" I squeeze his hand.
"I know Luke. I'm sorry I should've spoken to you first but I couldn't let her leave. I didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't want to risk you and Jake not talking unless it was on a script." I say and he smiles sadly.
"I wont stand in the way of Jake and Lucy both agree to this. Just keep talking to me about this ok." He says and I lean over and kiss him again.
"Ok." I whisper. He wraps his arms around me and me lay there watching a movie for the rest of the night. Neither of us discusses the move any further.