42. The texts.

Lucy's POV.

I leave for the airport at 5am and get on the plane by 7am. I had Erika drive me so neither of my brothers could talk me out of it. Then by 10am I'm back in my home state. Both my parents meet me when I get off. My dad picks me up and puts me on his shoulders and carries me to the car. We then drive home and a sense of relief washes over me when I walk though the door. This was my safe place. My home.

I went up to my room and laid on the bed. I was exhausted and just wanted to close my eyes as relief washed over me.

Luke's POV

"So she's left?" It's 6am and im sat at my kitchen counter with Stacy beside me eating her cereal I made when Jake walks in and explains what Lucy's done.
"Yeah." He sighs.
"Cereal?" I asks. And he raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah sure." He pauses as I stand up to go make him a bowl. "So you're... okay with all of this?"he asks sounding puzzled.
"Hmmm well let's see Lucy's suddenly gone back home and left us behind with barely a goodbye, hmmm now where have I heard that one before. Oh yeah her role models." I say then slide the bowl of cereal across the counter to him.
"But still. Last time she ran off she had a party and crashed a car!" He says. I understand why he's concerned. Lucy hasn't been herself since Ryan told her about my past and who could blame her.
"Yeah cause our helicopter mother and army dad are gonna let her run free and have another party." I say.
"I just don't understand why she's doing this." He sighs and picks up the bowl and leans against the wall behind him.
"Well maybe it's because she's just learnt her happy, protective big brother went though a horrible thing and she never knew. She wasn't told any details. All she knows is Luke would snap at any moment and didn't care about anything anymore, it's gonna be hard for her to believe that's over when the day after everyone who could annoy him comes over and stresses him out even more. Maybe she just wants to remind herself who her big brother really is away from this crazy world of ours." Stacy says. I kiss her forehead and wrap my arm around her.
"She has a point." I say and Luke nods in agreement.
"Fair enough." Jake sighs.
"Look why don't we all go out tonight, like we used to before Lucy came and we had to pretend we're responsible." I joke and they Both laugh.
"I'm in." Stacy says and I pull her closer and she smiles at me.
"Sure. I could do with a night away from the circus I call a home." Jake says tiredly and me and Stacy with laugh a little.

We talked for a little longer then realised we all had to get ready for work. Stacy was already ready so she sat on the couch and watched TV. Whereas Jake and I both had to rush to our rooms to get ready.

I close the door to my room and as soon as I hear it click I hear my phone buzz in my back pocket. I sight. Not again. I grab my phone and  slump onto the edge of my bed and read it.

Unknown

I have plans

And?

Your gonna pay!!!

Ok well good thing I'm rich

DONT GET SMART WITH ME!

How about you leave me alone
Then I won't be able to get 'smart
With you'

Just you wait.
Your gonna pay

Sure.

I have to go cause believe it
Or not some of us actually
Have better things to do with our
Time.

After that I just decided to switch my phone off altogether. I got ready and managed to somehow hide what had just happened from Stacy and Jake who were both downstairs waiting for me.

I couldn't focus on set. I just kept staring into space.
"Luke?" I jumped as Steven put his hand on my shoulder. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He says apologetically and I just turn to face him and smile.
"It's fine I was just lost in my thoughts again." I said shyly.
"You've had that a lot lately, is everything ok?" Steven has always been a huge support ever since I came here. He's been especially supportive though after the night he drove be home because of the time the director tied me up here and gave me a concussion. So I know he's actually concerned when he asks.
"Yeah... ummm... just got a lot going on." I say and his face softens.
"Well if you want we could arrange something for you in the scripts so you'd get some more time." He says.
"Really?" I say. "I really don't wanna be a bother or anything."
"You never are. Relax your one of our best actors. Besides you've only missed the days your ill or when you hurt your ankle. You never take a holiday break. You deserve some time." He explained and I just weakly smiled.
"Thanks Steven. Your always so kind." I say tiredly and he smiles.
"No problem Luke. Now maybe go to your trailer and lay down. I'll have a chat with our new director and have the scenes moved around so you can have some time." He says and I smile at him.
"Your the best." I say with a smile and he smiles back.
"I know. Now go lay down." He pats me on the shoulder and I say goodbye and leave.

I managed to have a nap between scenes which I needed. I'd had texts continue throughout the day but I'd given up responding I was only making it worse. I then drove back home with Jake and Stacy and we decided to hang out at mine for a little bit.

So when we walked in and Stacy and Jake went into the kitchen to get a drink I didn't expect a knock on my door. I walked over and answered it and of course it was him.
"Oh hey dead meat." I say.
"Is Lucy-" he starts.
"Nope. Bye" I then slammed the door in his face. I turn to leave and there's another knock. So I answer and it's Him again.
"Where is She?" He asks nervously.
"Beats me. Bye now." And I slam the door again. And turn and he knocks... AGAIN.
"What now!" I say starting to get annoyed.
"Do you know when she'll be back?" He asks.
"No. Now shoo little boy." I say and slam the door.

I turn to walk away and see Stacy and Jake both on the verge of laughing. And then he knocks again.
"THIS KID DOESN'T GIVE UP!" I whine and they both start laughing.
"Awwww come here my little baby." Stacy mocks opening her arms and I walk over and hug her.
"Is there an age restriction on a restraining order?" I mumble and she laughs.
"I'll get the door." Jake says still laughing as the kid knocks again.

They chat for a little bit then jake shuts the door and walks over.
"All gone." He says.
"Are you sure? I could still call pest control." I say tiredly and they both have a laugh even though I'm being serious. This boy annoys me. He hurt my sister. That makes him unforgivable.

We sat down and watched a movie till it got late. I then said goodbye to jake and kissed Stacy goodbye and went off to bed.

I checked my phone and only one text cause my attention.

I'm coming!

Then I heard glass break downstairs followed by the door being kicked in and I froze.