21. Missing

Lucy's POV
when I woke up it was the next day and Jake was still asleep next to me. I tried getting up without waking him but I guess I wasn't as good at being sneaky as I thought.
"Morning" Jake says all sleepy as he stretches.
"Morning sleepy." I laugh and he just smiles.

I start picking out an outfit for me to wear when I notice Jake suddenly frown as he looks at his phone. I turn around to face him.
"What's wrong?" He looks up and sighs.
"It's nothing, just haven't heard from Luke." He shrugs.
"Maybe he's downstairs or in his room." I shrug.
"Maybe..." he doesn't sound to convinced.
"Want me to go check?" I ask and he shakes his head.
"No I'll go, you just get yourself ready." He gives me a smile before he grabs his crutches and leaves.

Somethings up, I just don't know what it is.

Jakes POV.
I didn't want Lucy to know that really is been checking the security cameras and seen that Luke had never come back after his 'meeting'. He hadn't responded to my texts either and none of his social media's had been touched. So I went into Luke's room for some privacy and called him. It just went straight to voicemail. Now I know somethings wrong because Luke never lets his phone go straight to voicemail just cause he hates going through all the messages after.

I sigh to myself. "Luke if you get this call me. Just need to know your okay." I hang up and sit on the edge of his bed and sigh. I put my head in my hands and just sit there trying to think of what I'm supposed to tell Lucy.

After a few minutes of sitting there I went downstairs and of course I see Lucy happily talking to our mother who's pretending like nothings wrong and is making a whole big fancy breakfast. Now yes this may seem like some nice gesture but this is exactly what she did the morning me and Luke were forced to leave. She tried to win us over with some fancy family meal and slowly would 'suggest' we take the opportunity wed been given the previous night.

"Jakey there you are. Want anything?" She asks all cheery and I struggle not to roll my eyes in front of Lucy.
"I'm good, not really hungry this morning." I say as politely as i can manage.
"What about Luke, I haven't seen him all morning?" I see Lucy look at me with her worried look and know I have to think fast.
"Yeah, he got up early and went to the gym." I say.
"Do you know when he'll be back?" Lucy asks and I panic slightly.
"No but I know he's got a very busy day. so he might not be back for a while." I'm rather impressed that I managed to make up an excuse that fast, considering I'm the worst at lying and coming up with quick responses in the family. 

"I just hope he's safe." I hear Lucy mutter under her breath and I walk over and give her a small hug.

"He'll be fine." I whisper in her ear and kiss her gently on the head. but a small part of me wants to know what it is that she's so worried about. is she scared of him going to work because of our director. Now I want to know what she knows but I can't, not after what she's just been through and definitely not whilst our mum is still breathing down our backs. 

"I think Im gonna go to my room for a bit." Lucy says and gives me a weak smile and I give her one back. 

"Okay." I say as I watch her walk away. 

"So Lucy tells me you've got a girlfriend now. what's her name?" my mum asks and I roll my eyes.

"what's it to you?" I sigh. 

"I'm still your mother Jake. we may no longer see eye to eye but we're still family whether you like it or not. so lets not make this difficult." She says looking at me with that same disapproving look that's looked over me for the majority of my childhood. 

"So then leave! Because I'm not being funny but everything went to hell when you got here." I snap. 

"Fine I can tell when I'm not wanted. when Luke returns we will sit down and have a chat as to what is going to happen with Lucy and who she will go to live with." her voice carries little to none emotion when she says this.