31. The big game.

"Come on come on come on." I yell up the stairs as Luke and my dad appear looking sleepy.
"Why couldn't you pick a sport that doesn't start so early in the morning." Luke complains as he gives me a sleepy hug. It's been a week since I turned 16 and since I said yes to Alex. We've gotten closer and he attends every practice I have. But now it's the 'big game'. Or at least that's what we've been calling it. Luke's seemed a little tense recently but I guess it's just work. He's kept his promise of spending more time with me and it's been a lot more fun.

I rush out to the car. Excited to get going as Luke almost trips out the door.
"Lovely. First my sister drags me out of bed. Now the doors trying to kill me. Whatever next." Luke says sarcastically. He's definitely not a morning person.
"Carful a bird might try and take you off with it." Our dad jokes and him both laugh.
"Boy are you gonna be sorry if that's true." Luke says bitterly and this time we all laugh. Luke drives and I'm sat in the back unable to sit still. I'm just so excited.

"So you excited kiddo?" My dad says happily.
"Yeah. First time I get to show you up." I joke.
"I'd love to see you try." My dad says competitively.
"No trust me she will. She like a little ninja. It's scary playing with her. She just pops out of no where." Luke says and I laugh.
"Scared of your own little sister. What had Hollywood done to you." Dad says.
"It gave me a roof over my head that your currently staying under. So watch it." Luke says and I hold in my laughter.

Luke pulls up in the parking lot and I immediately jump out and run over to my team who all cheer when I arrive. We wait for some of the other girls before we disappear into the locker room to get ready for the game.

Luke's POV

She still has no idea about the new family problem. I feel bad but it's not me who needs to tell her the truth.

I get out the car and start to walk in with dad. I'm nervous because I'm likely to be recognised and I just want to focus on Lucy right now. So I wait till the lights are lowered before going in and taking our seats. Jakes not here yet and I'm starting to wonder if he'll even bother to come. But I turn my attention to the game. Lucy's team are amazingly good and skilled. They seem to all be in sink and know exactly what they need to do. They score the first 3 baskets and show no sign of stopping. Then I see Lucy walk on. She jumps straight into it and it's so fast if you blinked you'd miss her score another 2 points for her team.
"She is good I'll give her that." I can tell our dad's enjoying watching Lucy.
"That's she is." I say still watching what's going on.
"She reminds me of you you know. Back when you played football you were a natural and you practiced damn hard." I knew he liked the fact I took up football but I'd never really thought about it after I left.
"Yeah well I guess that's all behind me now." I say.
"No it's not. I've seen your show. Your note then a natural at football. Your great in your show, a real actor. I'm proud of you son." I look at him and smile and he smiles back.
"Thanks, that means a lot." I say. We both turn our attention back to the game and Lucy scores again.

Half way through they all come off and have a break to re charge. They're tied in score and everyone's tense. I see Lucy walk back to the bench and then the boy appears. And dad sees this time.
"Who's that with Lucy?" He acts trying to play innocent.
"It's a boy." Is all I have to say.
"A boy? Why a boy? There shouldn't be a boy. Does he know who I am?! He should know who I am. I can't have a boy charming my little girl. She's mine. How could there be a boy. I don't like this boy. Luke make the boy go away. Or better yet let me. Now how do I get down there?" He actually stands up and I have to pull him back down in his seat.
"Me and Jake had the same reaction. Starting to see where I came from." I say.
"I don't like boys being around my little girl." He huffs.
"Neither do I. But I trust her. And I watch his every move when he unfortunately comes over." I say.

"Hey." I roll my eyes
"Finally decided to show up then brother." I say.
"I got held up at work and had to stop off at home." He says defensively.

The game starts again and I try my best to block out everything and just focus. It's a close call but at the end Lucy manages to score the last 2 points putting them just one point ahead of the other team.

We walk out and meet Lucy and she excitedly run out and jumps into my arms.
"Did you see me." She practically yells.
"You were incredible lu." I laugh as she wiggles around on to my back.
"Only one point down. The crowds watching. Everyone's quite. Amy passes me the ball and I run, dodging the others and I shoot and SCORE! And the crowd goes crazy." She narrates excitedly and we all laugh.

Once were home dad and Lucy both go inside but Jake stops me.
"Did you tell her?" He asks nervously and I roll my eyes.
"It's not my job to tell her. It's your J!" I yell.
"Tell me what?" We both freeze and turn around to see Lucy stood on the doorway.