30. The party

Lucy's POV.

"Surprise!" I'm in shock as I walk through the front door and see everyone. My brothers, Ryan and Ethan, Erika and Katherine, Mia and June, my mum and dad and all my other friends. I'm so glad Stacy is here but Jakes girlfriend isn't.
"There's the birthday girl," Stacy says happily as she walks over and gives a hug. "Is this the infamous boy with no name your brothers just called boy?" She whispers in my ear and I laugh.
"Yes." I whisper back.
"Hi I'm Stacy. Lovely to meet you. What's your name." She says friendly to alex.
"Hi I'm Alex." He says back.
"Lovely to meet you." She says back.

Stacy then leads me to the rest of the party and I had a great time. Ryan carried me around on his shoulders and narrated everyone. Ethan showed me a new trick on my new skateboard that he and Ryan had both gotten me. I helped Erika and Katherine Chuck Ryan and Ethan in Luke's pool. And then Ryan put me on his shoulders and Ethan put Alex in his and we had a splash contest till my dad got the garden hose and sprayed us all and we all fell into the pool and laughed. I then joined Stacy and my mum in the kitchen and Stacy gave me her gift.
"I hope you like it." She said as I slowly opened it.
"No way! My own custom basketball jersey." I gasped. It was beautiful and all my favourite colours and my lucky number that I'd only told Stacy once briefly. I gave her a hug and she let out the breath she'd been holding.

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and turned round only to find,
"Luke?" He gestured for me to follow him and so I did. I expected him to take me to my room or maybe a quite corner but instead he took me into his office. I'd never been in here before. It was much bigger then I'd thought. I sat down on the mini sofa facing the desk as Luke perched on the edge of the tidy, organised desk.
"I've been a jerk." He says bluntly and I almost laugh.
"Well..... yeah kinda." I try not to be to harsh. I know he works hard. He sighs.
"Lucy. I don't want to be the brother who's not there, I've been that brother before and I have a feeling I went back to being that brother." He says.
"Like it's fine. I get it you've been busy." I said.
"But I shouldn't let that interfere. Your my little sister lulu. So from now on it's you first." He walks over and joins me on the sofa. "I want to be here. I don't want to be the one that only has you study. I want to be there when you have a game or when there's a meeting or when your 18 and get a boyfriend." I laugh at the last bit and he smile. "I mean it though. I want to be here Lu." He puts his hand supportively over mine and I pull him into a tight hug. He whispers, "I'm so sorry" sadly in my ear but I only hug him tighter.
"I'm not gonna lie it hurt not having you around. Feeling you were too busy for me. Having to hide up in my room and write letters to dad for comfort. But I'm glad I get to have my brother back." I say and he hugs me tighter.
"When did you mature." This time we both laugh. After a while we let go and smile at each other.

"Oh yeah. Your present." I was not expecting that from Luke. He gets up and walks to his desk and pulls open a drawer. "Now this might be awful or something but it's not the only thing." I notice what's in his hands.
"Keys?" Now I'm interested .
"Theses are the keys to everything. My trailer on set, my office if I'm being annoying and won't come out you can barge in; the house, jakes house not that he knows and my hidden/ holiday home that's not too far from here in case you need a break or some space. Basically my point is it's you first. If you need me you can come and find me." He hands me the keys and I smile. "Though there's a key missing."
"There is?" I ask looking at it. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out, "car keys?"
"Well your gonna learn how to drive soon and I rather like my car so this ones yours. It's just so you can learn and then if you get good might go out together one day and you can pick." My eyes light up and I hug him tightly. He hugs me back. "I'll be teaching you though. I don't want you getting hurt." He says.
"I'm fine with that" I say.

We then talked a little and went back to the party. I joined Alex who was with June and Mia and I had the best time after that.

Luke's POV

"You still haven't told her." I said.
"How could I?"
"it's not fair. We're a family. How could you?" I say angrily.
"Yeah well I have a new family now. So you decide if you want to be part of it or not."
"I thought you were a better man than that. Clearly I was wrong." With that I walk away.