10. Time for the fun to begin

Its been a week since Lucy arrived and I realised I hadn't had anything fun to with her until now.  I'd invited all of my closest mates over and I was shocked by how easily Lucy managed to get along with them which was definitely a relief because half of them lived with me and they'd only just come back and found out about Lucy living with us. Though none of them actually seemed that bothered to be honest if anything they were all more excited then anything else.

I told everyone I had a business meeting to go to and that I'd be back soon so I had to leave Lucy with them and it actually hurt the thought of leaving her alone with the people she'd only just met. But I had to do it.  How did me and Luke leave her before? It seems like the hardest thing in the world right now and yet we'd done it so easily before. Maybe that was all just because back then we didn't know the impact it'd have on her. But now we do. And I never want to let her down like that ever again. I got in my car and started to drive off and already I was counting down the hours and minutes until I'd be back with my little sister again.

Lucy's POV

I'm not gonna lie I wasn't fond of the idea of Jake leaving for a meeting but I knew he had to. I could tell he didn't want to leave either which was definitely a comfort for me but still he'd have to leave me for a month anyway when I went back over to Luke's and we'd carry on doing this stupid swap thing over and over again every month like clockwork. But right now I just wanted to have some fun with the people I might have only just met (well not all of them were new I recognised Ryan and Ethan who were Jakes best mates and who lived here with him and who I was actually pretty close with and I'd kept in contact with the whole time).

So we all headed out to the backyard and we played a massive game of hide and seek which I won because I was the smallest and I could hide better then all of them. And then I wrestled with Ethan and Katherine who was really sweet but fierce at the same time. I had a great time with her and her mate Erika who both looked after me and they ended up giving me their numbers and said I could could call or text them whenever. Then I later found out that Katherine also lived here which we were both pretty excited about.

Then it got a bit crazy. Erika started to blast music out the speakers as I was busy beating all the boys on the skate ramp with my best tricks after I'd shown all of them up in a game of me against them basketball. I was having so much fun I nearly forgot all about Jake. Who of course walked in when I was mid trick. Though thankfully he waited till after my trick to say, "What the hell happened here?" He laughed and I ran over to him and hugged him like when I was little. I don't why but it was a lot easier for me to be around and trust Jake then it was Luke. Maybe thats because it hurt more that Luke had left because I'd once been closest with him. I'm not entirely sure but right now I didn't really care.
"Jake your sisters crazy!" One of the boys at the top of the ramp yelled making me laugh.
"Mate have you seen her play basketball?! She beat all of us by herself!" Ryan yelled.
"Then don't suck!" I laughed. This time Jake laughed and so did everyone else.
"I don't suck at wrestling though." Ethan yelled proudly.
"Shut up Ethan we both beat you!" Katherine laughed. I looked over at her and she gave me a small wink which made me laugh.
"You sure have been busy then huh?" Jake said.
"Yep!" Everyone said at once and we all burst into laughter.

I went back up the ramp and tried out some more tricks and everyone went crazy even Jake who had been skating long before me. He was the reason we had a ramp in our backyard growing up. He'd even taught me how to stay on the board and he'd hold me up whilst I was learning, but he'd never seen me do a real trick, not like these anyway. I could see him in the corner of my eye beaming with pride as he talked with everyone else. He watched me every time, sometimes even when it wasn't my go on the ramp he'd still be looking and smiling at me. I even managed to convince him to have a go on the ramp and show me one of his tricks and however humble he may be about it to me it was awesome.

I spent the rest of the day having fun and messing around with Jake. He even picked me up and walked around with me on his shoulders for a while which made me and everyone else laugh. Then when it started to get colder and the sun had set we all calmed down and sat down near the fire pit I'd helped Katherine and Jake make. We were all curled up in blankets. Me and Jake shared one because it was the biggest. I rested my head on the side of his chest and he looped one arm over me and pulled me in closer. This was probably the closest I'd ever felt to Jake, even when we were growing up he'd always had a kind of distant vibe about him. Maybe thats why me and Luke were so close. But for once it was a relief to have Jake here and not Luke.

That night we all kinda fell asleep around the dying fire. Me and Jake were curled up and he had both his arms wrapped round me to keep the blanket closed.

This was definitely the best day I've ever had in a long time if not ever.