37. Looking for Luke

Lucy's POV
Over the past month a lot has happened. Jake and I re built our relationship and he was actually getting a lot better at drawing. Mia and June had visited me a little though we mainly just texted. I hadn't really spoken to Alex much. Stacy came around a lot to check on me and she'd stay whilst Jake had to go film. And Luke....

Luke has been pretty distant with everyone. He mainly just comes home and goes up to his room or he texts saying he's staying over at Stacy's. I don't think he means to be distant. I just wish I could understand why.

So when I got told I could get most of my casts off I was so relieved. Maybe now I could get closer to Luke. Stacy took me because although Jake wanted to be there he'd been dragged into work at the last minute. Though when we were on our way back after I'd gotten all my casts off except for the one on my right leg, it still hadn't fully healed, I could tell something was off with Stacy.

"Is everything ok?" I asked.
"Yeah... just ummm." She wasn't good at lying. So she just sighed.
"What's up?" I ask.
"I may of found something out about Luke. He's tell jake he was filming but would tell me it was his day off so I got suspicious and I may of followed him." She says clearly feeling guilty.
"What did you find out?" Now I'm getting worried.
"I think it's best if I show you." She check the time before she says this. She immediately takes a right turn and it takes me a while to figure out where we are.

We hide around a corner and watch quitely as Luke's car pulls up. He sulks inside and disappears. I look at Stacy and she put her finger to her lips and gets out the car and gestures for me to follow her and we sneak inside.

Luke's POV

I hate this place. My holiday home. My place to come to relax and now all I see is that stupid car crash.

"I HATE YOU!" I yell and it echoes around the house. "I hate this place! You broke her. She is not my innocent little sister and it's you fault. She threw a party here. IN MY HOUSE! This was my place away from the bad. Away from the guy that made life hell. Away from the press. From the crazy fans. This was my place! All mine! Not jakes, not dads, not mums not anyone else's but mine. Now it's my mistake. How? How could I of trusted her. She is a child. And she showed that. Didn't she." I've gone from yelling in anger to talking with a bitter tone. Then something snaps. I turn around so quickly I almost lose my balance. I hear the door shut but it's the one to the bar. I feel my heart drop. Of all the rooms not that one. I slowly make my way over and grab a bat leaning up again the wall.

I push the door open with my shoulder.
"Who's there?" I say in a deep tone. I turn the light on and jumó when I see Lucy and Stacy stood there looking sad, worried and guilty. I clench my jaw. I drop the bat and cross my arms waiting for an explanation.
"I know how this looks but we've been worried about you Luke." Stacy says. I don't speak. I don't move.
"And we just wanted to check on you-" Lucy starts.
"So you break into my house yet again? Why?" I know it's a low blow but I don't want her here. Not to be mean but because I don't know how much she remembers and there's things in this room that I'd prefer to stay in this room.
"Luke calm down." Stacy says. She walks over to me and puts her hands either side of my crossed arms. "Breathe baby." I hesitate before I let out a long sigh.
"Sorry." I say and back up and slide down the wall.
"Luke please. What's going on? What is this place and why do you hate it?" Lucy asks and i sigh.
"I hate it because..." I'm not ready. "Because it's what lead to my baby sister getting hurt. I hate seeing your pain and being helpless." I hold my head in my hands.
"Is that why you haven't been around?" Lucy asks and I bite my lip. I spin the ring that's on my finger and I see Stacy pick up on it.
"Hey lu could you give us a second." She says to her with a smile. Lucy nods and walks out. I watch her leave and hesitate from looking away.

Stacy walks over and slides down nest to me. She turns her head to look and me and I pout slightly.
"Hey." She says.
"Hey." I say tiredly.
"So, how bad is it?" She knows. She was a great comfort to me when I first came to Hollywood. I'd been so lost and she had stayed by my side.
"Bad." I voice shakes a little and she strokes her thumb on my cheek.
"Listen to me. You are not that man anymore. You don't need this." She looks around the room and then back at me. Her hands cup mine and she places them over her chest where her heart is. I feel it beating. So steady. So calm. I look at her and she says, "You need this. I love you Luke and I promise to never leave you alone and I want to help you baby." I don't hesitate. I pull her in and kiss her passionately. I'll never doubt anything with her. She's the one thing I know will always make sense.
"I love you too." I whisper as we break apart with our foreheads still touching. "I'll always love you."

Stacy's POV

I love him and he loves me. I know his pain and I know his past. He's strong and when he holds me Ive never felt safer. Nothing about him will ever scare me. I've seen his worst. And I've seen his best. But right now all I see is Luke.

He's tired from sleepless nights. His hands are shaking a little and his stubble is showing. I see the little details with Luke. Like the way he plays with his ring or bites his lip.
"Come on. Let's get you back." I say.
I take his hand and we both stand up. He pulls me close and kisses me on the forehead and then put his arms around my shoulders and we walk out. Lucy is waiting in my car and I hesitate.
"Will you be ok alone?" I say to Luke. He gives me a tired smile.
"I'll be fine." He kisses my forehead again and walks to his car and I go to mine.

We pull up on Luke's street. Jake went to his to hang out with everyone and Lucy goes over as soon as we step out. I'm a way it worked out for the best. I take Luke up to his room and we both lay on his bed talking. He opens up to me about everything and i see the depth. I then managed to get him to sleep. I stay with him and lay with him.