38. His past

Ryans POV

"Hey kid? Why the long face." I say as I walk over to Lucy. She's sat on the sofa looking  deep in thought.
"Just... thinking." I know that look.
"Luke?" I ask and she looks up in shock.
"How did you?" She starts.
"Could tell from the look. So what's up with him?" I ask sitting down next to her.
"I don't know. He went to the holiday house alone and started yelling just seemed uneasy the whole time." She says.
"Well you know why he has the house, right? His past and all." I say casually.
"What?" She looks concerned. Crap she didn't know.
"Ummmm nothing." I say and I get up to leave.
"Ryan tell me. What's wrong with my brother and what is the house." I sigh knowing there's no way out. I sit back down and look her sadly.
"Luke wasn't always the clean professional actor that everyone sees." I sigh.
"Go on." She says.
"Well...."

*flashback*

When Luke came he was a mess. He was forever obsessing over the thought of calling you or going back. He was getting yelled at for not keeping his focus. Auditions took a toll on him. Constant rejection only gave him more of a reason to fight that he'd left you for no reason. Then soon enough he landed a role. Then the press was after him. He want used to it. Had no mentor. He felt like everything he did was being watched. Pretty soon he began having panic attacks. He stopped sleeping. He even started refusing food. Though his worst was the alcohol.

I'm guessing you've seen the room. Well that was bought because Jake started to come down on Luke. Wanted him to get better and stop drinking. But Luke began having a temper especially when he'd been drinking. He threw things he got in fights he did anything he wouldn't normally do. So Jake decided to stop Luke. Only he did it in the wrong way. Soon jake began being aggressive. It's why they don't live together anymore. But when Jake got involved Luke went out and bought the house. He'd go there to escape the press and judgement of his brother. Yes at first it was just a place for him to drink but over time Luke calmed down. The house became a safe place for him. A place he could escape and where he could lock up things he did want around him anymore. So he locked away all of his drinks and every movie and show he ever did at the beginning.

Luke had come to hate those posters and awards as they reminded him of when he'd drink and when he left you. One movie even had his ex in and she was a peice of work. Worse then Astrid.

After that he got his role in his show and met Stacy. She was the one that fully turned him around. He became closer with her and began to change. He cleaned him self up. Bought his house and redid it all. He attended events and showed the friendly side of him. People fell in love with him again and the press was worse but he had Stacy this time to teach him to cope.

Then you came and he swore never to get that bad ever again.

*present.*

Lucy's POV

"Wow. I never knew." I sigh.
"That's why when your crash happened he was angry. His safe place had failed. It had hurt the one thing that he held so closely." Ryan says.
"And Stacy has been there for him all of this time?" I say and he nods.
"Though you heard none of this from me ok. There's a reason your brothers never told you this." I nod.

I sat with Jake and the others for the rest of the day but I couldn't get what Ryan had said out my head. That didn't sound like my Luke at all. 

Is that why he'd never call because he was fighting the urge to drink or already was drunk?

I went back to Luke's at 12pm certain he wouldn't be up yet. But when I walked in I smelt food cooking and head gently giggling. I walked Into the kitchen and saw Luke stood cooking something with Stacy hugging him from behind laughing.
"Your so clingy." Luke jokes with a laugh.
"Yeah but you like that about me. Your back would be cold if not." This time they both laugh.
"I do like my back being warm but I like something more." He turns around and smirks. He lifts her up and sits her on the counter and they kiss. She hooks her hands behind his neck and his hands rest on her hips.

"Your gonna burn your dish." I say making them jump a little. Luke looks at me and then at the pan.
"Wasn't that good anyway." He says.
"Yeah well the house is and I don't wanna be involved in a house fires." I say and he playfully rolls his eyes.
"Buzzkill." He mutters and me and Stacy laugh as he grabs the pan and puts what ever was cooking on a plate and then drops the pan in the sink like a sulking 5 year old.
"Why were you cooking bacon ay 12 at night?" I ask and they both look at me and tilt their head.
"Midnight snack unhealthy edition dummie." Luke says like it's obvious.
"Luke she's never been to an event so she probably doesn't know." Stacy says as she takes a strip of bacon form the plate.
"Oh yeah." Luke says.
"What don't I know?" I ask.
"Basically when you go to events they start so early it would be stupid to eat dinner but then they finish at 11 and your brother gets grumpy when he's hungry." She laughs at the last bit and l laugh at Luke's face.
"I do not get grumpy. But anyway ignore her. So it's so late having a meal is silly so we have midnight bacon. And well sometimes it's just fun." Luke says.
"So why is it bacon?" I ask.
"Well actually it's not always bacon." Luke says nervously and I raise my eyebrows.
"Your brother is rubbish at grocery shopping so it's what's ever left in the cupboard. Once he got drunk and we all ate cereal from a mixing bowl with wooden spoons." Stacy laughs and Luke shrugs with a slight smile. However I feel myself frown when she says he was drunk. And I see Luke pick up on it.
"You alright?" He asks.
"Yeah. I guess I'm just tired." I know I'm not believable but I just point that I'm going to my room.

I feels weird being back in my first room. Though I fall asleep almost instantly.

Luke's POV

"She frowned. Why did she frown? It was a fun story, right? Why is she frowning?" Stacy hops down and pulls me into a tight hug.
"Luke breathe." I take a deep breath and try to relax. She pulls away slightly and places her hands on my cheeks and looks into my eyes. "She said she was tired. So that's what we're gonna believe ok? Now come on, let's go cuddle up on the couch with pillows and blankets and put a movie on and we'll eat our bacon. Sound like a plan?" She gives me a smile and I give her a kiss.
"How did I get so Lucky to deserve you." I say and she smile and guides me to the couch with the bacon in her other hand. And says, "follow the smell of the bacon." In a goofy fortune teller voice which makes me laugh.

I loved every second of being cuddled up with Stacy. She was everything I'd ever dreamed and more. I don't think I watch much of the movie as i busy studying every inch of this moment determined never to forget it.

*the next day*

When the door bell woke me up I was annoyed but I instantly perked up when I saw Stacy still asleep on my chest. How I wanted to ignore the door bell and just stay there. Though it went again. And again and again. By the end I was convinced I could of made a 3 minute song with it.

So I carefully moved so I didn't wake Stacy up and shuffled to the door. Just as I got there I saw a sleepy Lucy standing at the stairs.
"Who's that?" She whined sadly which kinda made me laugh how childish she was.
"Not a clue." I yawned. I opened the door and my fists clenched tightly.

"Hello Luke."