1. Coming home

The day my brothers left was probably one of the hardest day of my life. Not because they left. But the fact they didn't care enough to say goodbye. I should have known though. For weeks they had been leaving me clues but I never picked up on them. We would be eating dinner and they would start talking about all the great places they had been and how much fun they had had.

I only found out when I came home from hanging out with some of my friends when I went in their rooms and they were both gone. Now its rare that they even call us. But they never talk to me. They always call when they know I'm at school and they don't come home at the holidays because their always busy. But even on the holidays they don't call. Its just me and my mum who live in the house, but Ive gotten used to it.

I'm sat on my bed finishing a drawing I've been working on for the last hour when I hear my mum call my name. I put my sketch book down and walk into the kitchen where she is. She has here phone in her hand and is putting things into her handbag.
" Yeah mum?" I say, as I walk in she greets me with a smile and kisses me on my forehead.
"Sweetie I have something I need to tell you." Her tone was soft and caring.
"What is it?" I said. She let let out a small sigh and gave me a weak smile.
" Your brothers are coming home whilst they get some work done on their houses. So I need you to stay here whilst I go fetch them from the airport." She started to walk away -after giving me a supportive hug- but stoped and turned back to face me. " And I know it was hard for you when they left but can you at least promise me you'll at least try to get along with them." She said with a pleading smile.
" I'll try." I say giving her a weak smile. She smiled back at me.
" Thanks honey. I'll be back as soon as I can." She then walked out the door leaving me alone.

I let out a long sigh as I started making myself something to eat. Then I went back up to my room and continued drawing. I put my earphones in and started playing my music as loud as I could. Then an hour later I heard the door slam shut. I let out another sigh and got up from my bed. I took one earphone out and kept the other one in. I put my phone in my back pocket and started walking downstairs. My mum was in the kitchen and I went to her to go see her first.
" Hi honey what can I do for you?" She asked with a smile.
" Are they here?" I asked.
" Yeah. Their just getting their bags from he car. They'll be in their old rooms though." She said and I could tell she knew how I was feeling.
" Okay. Thanks mum." I said. I walked out the kitchen and I was gonna go to my room but I heard the car boot close so I quickly ran out to the garden in a panic.

I grabbed my skateboard and I started doing some tricks on the ramp to clear my mind. I could do them easily and so it didn't take me much concentration which was good because I was lost in a daydream. I looked over at the window and saw my brothers both stood watching me. Then I lost my balance and fell off. I quickly pulled myself up and grabbed my skateboard. Both my brothers came outside but I didn't pay much attention to them.
" You okay?" Luke asked (My oldest brother).
" fine." I said whilst carrying on with some more challenging tricks.
" Whoa when did you get so good?" Jake asked sounding impressed.
" When you left." I said. There was an awkward silence which was soon broken by Jake.
" So what you been up to then?" Jake asked.
" Not much. You?" I said.
" Just the same old thing." Luke said. I fell off again but I got up again quickly. " Are you sure your okay Lucy? Your bleeding I'll go get you a cloth and a plaster." Luke turned to walk away but I stopped him.
" Don't. I'm fine. Its just a cut." I said.
" Why don't you want us to help?" Jake asked.
" Ive never needed your help with cuts before. Look I gotta go." I said.

I ran back inside and went up to my room. I closed my door and sat on my bed hugging my legs tightly whilst holding back the tears that threatened to spill.

Lukes POV

" She hates us." I said to Jake as we walked into the kitchen where our mum was.
" Who dose?" Our mum asked.
" Lucy." Jake sighed as we both sat down at the table in the kitchen.
" And what makes you think she hates you?" She asked.
" She fell off her skateboard but when we tried to help she refused." I said.
" What did we do?" Jake asked.
" You left." Our mum said walking over to us and taking a seat next to us.
" So we left. What's so wrong with that?" I asked.
" You really are thick aren't you. You left her when she needed you the most. You didn't even call and you haven't spoken to her in 3 years. She has a right to be angry after the pain you both put her though. You might think she's overreacting but you weren't there to see her fall apart because the two people she loved the most had left her behind." She said.
" Oh." Was all me and Jake could say.
" She got into fights you know. She started getting angry at the simplest of things because her whole world had been turned upside down. She was lashing out and she was hardly ever home. She's only just started to feel like herself again, but part of herself is still lost and probably always will be. Now you both show up without a warning and everything's changed for her again. Plus you both being famous didn't help either. That's all people ever talked to her about. So don't just expect her to welcome you with open arms. You just need to give her some time and she'll come around. And in the meantime you can both help me make dinner. Then after dinner if you want I'll show you what Lucys been up to over the past 3 years you both missed." We both nodded and we all got up and started making dinner.

Lucy's POV

It was time for dinner so I had to come out of my room and go downstairs to where my brothers were. When I sat down I gave them both a weak smile and I could see that they were both looked as nervous as I felt. We sat down and ate dinner. Then after I helped clear the table, our mum made us all go to the living room.

My brothers sat on the sofa and I sat in a chair next to the sofa. Then mum came in holding a CD that didn't have a case.
" Time for some family memories." She said as she put the CD in and switched the tv on. Then a bunch of home videos came on. We all laughed and we were all embarrassed as the videos went on. Then I noticed that it skipped to the 3 years my brothers had been gone. It was full of videos of me doing street dance and singing. Then there were a few where you could tell I been in a fight and others you could tell I had been crying earlier. But most of them were just me having fun with my mum or with my friends.

Then once all of the videos had finished we all went to bed. I walked into my bedroom and carried on with my drawing when there was a knock on my door.
" Come in." I said. Luke entered and I looked at him and then back at my drawing.
" What you drawing?" He asked and I could tell he was nervous.
" You don't have to try so hard." I said looking up at him.
" What do you mean?" He asked.
" You don't need to try so hard to start a conversation." I said.
" Oh. Okay then." He said. He turned to leave but I stopped him.
" Why did you leave?" I said. He let out a long sigh and turned to face me.
" I had to. For my career." He said.
" Okay then." I said looking back down at my drawing.
" Lucy?." He said, his voice was sad and tired, I looked up at him. " we're gonna be okay again right?"
" Maybe." I said and he nodded.
" Goodnight Lucy." He said.
" Night." I said.

To be continued......