47. moving day

5 Weeks later

Lucy's POV

work on Lukes house finished and school was 6 days away from starting up again. I went with Jake and Stacy to start moving all my stuff over to Stacy's. Luke didn't feel up to coming just yet and none of us were going to push him if he wasn't ready. we went in Stacy's car and sang songs on the radio the whole way there. Jake and Stacy took it on turns to drive and we ended up having two hotel stops before we finally got back to Jakes.

we all stayed at Jakes for the night and then agreed to starts packing first thing in the morning. Jake woke us all up and we all focused on packing up Jakes house first because it was easier and we were all avoiding Lukes for as long as we possibly could. I agreed with Jake to leave a couple of things in case I felt like staying over for a couple days. we drove to Stacy's and unpacked a couple of the boxes and then went out for dinner at Stay's favourite restaurant. we stayed at Stacy's and Jake stayed over to make sure I was okay and to help me settle in. the next day we packed up my things from Luke and it was probably the fastest we'd all moved. everything had been fixed or replaced and it looked almost brand new but without Luke it just felt strange. My stomach felt uneasy as I passed by his room and I kept my head down as we walked out to Stacy's car with all the boxes. Jake locked the door and we drove back to Stacy's in complete silence. we unpacked and Jake ordered us some food and then we sat on the couch and had a movie marathon.

Jake called Luke while we made dinner and put him on speaker. He told us about how he'd been helping dad with a few things around the house and how he'd not really done much. I knew Luke and I knew he was hiding from the world still and why wouldn't he. the second he left the house he'd be swarmed with questions and photos and all manner of things he still wasn't ready for. we told him about our day and joked around till he had to go and our food was ready. we sat at the dinning table and ate our food. I listened to Jake and Stacy go over some plans and schedules for their work day tomorrow and I could hear a small wobble in Stacy's voice but I didn't question her on it.

Jake left after he helped us clear away the plates and dishes and I sat next to Stacy on the couch.

"So what's wrong?" I asked and she looked at me.

"What do you mean?" she asked innocently.

"I mean, you sounded worried when you were talking about work with Jake." I said and she let out a small sigh and turned to face me.

"I don't work when Luke isn't there. he was the one that brought me onto the show in the first place. if he calls in sick I call in sick. if he has no scenes that day I make up and excuse. if he works a really early scene I ask if he'll hang around a little while till I finish in the afternoon. I don't work when Luke isn't there. I never have." she says and I put my hand gently over hers.

"you won't be totally on your own Stay. and you could always call him or FaceTime him, he won't mind. He'll definitely pick up if he knows its you." I say and she gives me a weak smile.

"I guess, it's just... it's gonna be so weird without him." she sighs and I nod.

we sit and put on the tv and try to distract ourselves. we're in the middle of an episode of our shared favourite tv show when there's a knock on the door that makes us both jump.

"I'll get it." Stacy says as she walks to the door. I pause the show and lean over the back of the couch to see who it is.

"What are you doing here!" I hear Stacy cheer as she jumps into someones arms. she drags them in and I see its Luke and I run over and hug him. he laughs and hugs me back. "seriously why are you here? not that its not great to see you but..." Stacy rambles and Luke just smiles and lifts her chin.

"You don't work when I'm not there silly." I watch as they both smile at each other and I smile. I'm glad my brothers happy.

"Wanna watch the rest of the show with us?" Stacy says and I see Luke hesitate and he looks at me.

"Am I gonna like It Lu?" He asks and I smile.

"Nope." I say knowing it's the complete opposite of what Luke likes to watch.

"Ok fine, suppose the company is worth it." He says and we both cheer. He walks over and we sit him in between us. we ended up curled up on the couch watching Tv for the rest of the evening till Stacy and I both fell asleep.

in the morning we woke up to the smell of food cooking and we look at each other and realised Luke was the only one missing. we got up and walked into the kitchen where Luke plated up the food he'd made.

"There they are. first day back at school breakfast for you and first day back at work breakfast for you." he says and we both smile. I look down and see the whip cream smiley face on my pancakes and the heart whip cream on Stacy's.

"Wheres yours?" Stacy asks and Luke gives me a look and I laugh.

"Wait for it." I say and he squirts the whip cream straight into his mouth and then walks to the cupboard and grabs a handful of sprinkles and throws them up, he catches most of them in his mouth but still makes a mess then before he closes his mouth he adds a cherry and closes his mouth holding on to the stem of the cherry. He swallows and pulls out the stem and smiles at us both.

"How... why did you... what?" Stacy says and me and Luke both laugh.

"He does that everytime he makes pancakes." I say.

"Been doing it since I was 7." Luke says proudly.

"Why?" Stacy asks and he shrugs.

"I don't know I was 7." he smiles and walks back to the stove to clean up.

"Everytime?" Stacy mouths at me and I laugh and nod in response.

We finish up breakfast and then we go and get ready. Stacy insists on doing something with my hair before I leave and I hug her in appreciation when she's done. when we walk out Luke is sat on the couch looking at something on his phone. He smiles when he sees us and stands up.

"Ready to go?" He asks. we both nod and then follow him out the door.