12. In deep trouble

Lucy's POV
"Lucy! Lucy come on wake up." I get up off the sofa and all I see is Katherine in front of me with a panicked look.
"What's wrong?" I ask nervously as I follow her to the door. She hands me my shoes and I start to put the on my feet.
"We overslept and neither of your brothers know where you are and now we have to go." She Said as she grabbed my hand and opened the door. I looked back to see Erika still passed out on the sofa before I ran out with Katherine.

I followed her all the way down to the parking lot and stopped as she kept walking quickly before she turned round.
"Wait we don't even have a car." I said seriously knowing that already this plan was failing.
"Oh yes we do." Katherine said showing me Erika's Keys that she must have taken as we ran out the door.
"You wanna take Erika car?" I said feeling kind of uneasy about this.
"Don't worry I left her a note. As soon as I get you back to your brothers I'll drive back and give her the car back." I didn't really have much of a choice by this point so I just kinda had to go for it and follow her to Erika's car.

We drove off quicker then I'd ever been in a car and at some points it would seem quite dangerous and I'd grab hold of the door for safety. I trusted Katherine but her driving when panicked was something else. But we eventually got back to Jake and Luke's neighbourhood. We stopped just down the street as it was only the two houses and a load of trees and open space on the street. And instantly I felt sick and nervous. They weren't gonna like this at all. I could see Jake being yelled at by Luke down the street. Everyone from the two houses was out walking up and down the street till Ethan pointed towards the car and everyone looked at us. Luke and Jake were the first two to start running over with the others closely behind. I unbuckled my self and slowly got out of the car with my head low and Katherine doing the exact same thing.

"Lucy where the hell have you been?" Jake yelled and Luke looked frustrated with me and Katherine.
"It was an accident." I mumbled.
" Lucy you cant just let accidents like this happen when your in a new area that you don't know." Luke yelled.
"What the hell Katherine!" Jake yelled turning to Katherine. "You cold have at least checked with me."
"You were in your room..." Katherine mumbled.
"So! She's my sister!" Jake yelled. Then I zoned out. Luke, Jake and the others continued to yell and question Katherine and I just stood there silently. I'd never liked shouting when I was little. It was the one thing I used to always hide from. Whenever there was an argument in the house and I was in the room or even just anywhere near it I would always just either go up to my room and close the door or go out to the garden and sit on the ramp waiting for the yelling to end. I wasn't really paying much attention until I felt someone take my hand and walk me over to a quiet corner.

"Ryan!" I mumbled.
"Hey kid. Hope you don't mind me taking you off like that but you looked like you were on the verge of collapsing." He joked and I smiled weakly.
"At least someone remembers my hatred of yelling." I sighed as we both sat down on the side of the pavement.
"Yeah well you understand why your brothers are yelling don't you." He said supportively.
"I know.... but if you really think about it. That's how I felt the day they left." Then suddenly Ryan's face went completely sympathetic and he brought we into a side ways hug.
"I forgot about that. I'm so sorry that was the way that had to happen."
"Yeah well it did. And there's nothing they can do to fix it. I was stupid to trust them again." I said pulling myself away from the hug. I'd only just realised how quickly I'd let my barriers fall down. Why did they always have to get their way? Why did everything have to work out to best suit them? Not even my own damn trust can be controlled by me when those two are involved. I got up and stopped for a second. I turned back and hugged and thanked Ryan. He's been the only real one there for me the whole time so at least I could trust him. I then turned and walked back over to the yelling match and walked straight passed them and slammed Jakes front door before I ran up to 'my room'. Then suddenly all the yelling had stopped.

Jakes POV

We'd been so stupid. How could I forget Lucy's thing about yelling. And how could LUKE FORGET. Those two had always been inseparable when we were little. And yet somehow RYAN REMEMBERED.
"We should go check on her." Luke sighed.
"I wouldn't if I were you." Ryan said as he walked over to join us again.
"Well why not?" I said slightly frustrated still from today's events.
"Because of what she said earlier. Apparently the way you feel is exactly how she felt the day you lot left her. No note. No explanation. Just an empty room and a broken heart."
"Well it's not like we meant it to be like that." Luke said.
"Yeah well it happened anyway." I can't quite figure out why Ryan is so bothered by this. Suddenly all of the yelling stops and everyone watches Ryan walk back into the house. We stand there looking at each other for a while and I can tell that all of us feel a bit silly after our childish yelling match. It takes a couple of minutes till we all eventually go back inside and sit in my living room. Lucy's nowhere to be seen which is understandable. But still none of us speak till we all slowly start to go off and go up to our bedrooms.

As I walk up to mine I stop outside Lucy's room. I want to knock and make sure she's okay but I know she won't want to see me. So I just listen and there's nothing but silence. I sigh quietly from exhaustion before I give up and go to bed. Though I barely even get anywhere near sleeping I just lie there looking up at the ceiling thinking about Lucy and what Ryan said.

I must be the worse big brother in the world to her right now.