tattoo smile // c.b.

prompt: one drunk night, you ask colby if you can color in his tattoos. he says yes. cuteness ensues. || (non-gender specific) reader x colby

POV: First person, Y/N, gender neutral

trigger warning: the absolute fluffest, maybe cursing??? but probs not, also a lot of soft touches

word count: 1511

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I color in your tattoos?"

It was a simple question, one that slipped from your lips before you had even fully formed the thought. Hanging out with Sam, Colby, and Kat all night had been super fun. Kat wanted to have a wine night, and all of you were down to drink and just chill in the Trap House. You guys had drank enough to be tipsy, for the night to feel hazy. Colby was wearing his infamous black tank top, showing off all of his tattoos, some newer than others. You stared at them all night, commenting occasionally on them.

You noticed that none of them really had any color to them, aside from shading and some white detailing. When you were a kid, you remembered giving your friends gel pen tattoos, and how fun it was to color those tattoos in later with markers or the pens themselves. So now, glancing down at Colby's arm, all you could think about was coloring him in like a coloring book.

Colby stopped his conversation with Sam, gazing over at you confused. "What did you say?"

A heat rushed over your face, embarrassed by having to repeat your words. "I said... could I... color in your tattoos?"

"With what?" Colby asked calmly.

"Um... I don't..." You stuttered, unable to finish your sentence.

"Sam has some markers upstairs in his room!" Kat exclaimed brightly.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, I used them for a video one time. They've been sitting there in my drawer since."

"I'll go get them." Kat beamed, rushing out of her seat with her wine glass still in hand.

You stared wide-eyed at the floor, unable to pick your head up. Why were you so embarrassed? Maybe it was the fact you didn't mean to say that to Colby. Maybe it was the fact that now you would have to be super close to him to do the coloring, and on top of it, you would have to touch him. Or it could be the fact that he hasn't even said yes to this happening and all you could think is how weird he thinks you are.

Kat came back down the stairs, smacking the pack of markers on the counter and sliding them over to you. The Crayola markers looked up at you, the yellow box making your heartbeat pick up.

What the hell was in this wine?

"Have fun." Kat winked, whispering into your ear.

Damn her for knowing about your crush on Colby, and damn her for knowing about Sam's markers.

And fuck Sam for having markers.

Colby hadn't stopped looking at you, or at least having his head in your direction; you hadn't met his eyes yet, still uncomfortable about this whole ordeal. He cleared his throat, causing you to finally look up at him.

He smiled sweetly, his dimples appearing and making your heart race. He lightly placing his arm in front of you, turning back to Sam and continuing where they had left off.

You quickly reached into the box and pulled out a blue marker. You grabbed his forearm softly, and began to trace his water droplet wrist tattoo. You went slow at first, going over each line with blue. You didn't want to color this one in, deciding only to outline. Colby flicked his wrist inward, making you almost mess up the tracing.