home // c.b. (blurb)

requested by anon : Can I request just a tiny little thing to make my day happier? Just something really adorable and fluffy with Colby Brock? Doesn't even have to be long. It can be really short. I just want something to make me feel better is all.

POV: First person, gender-neutral

trigger warning: JUST PURE FLUFF

word count: 496

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scrolled through my phone, chuckling at different tweets on my timeline. I had been waiting for Colby to get home for a while now. Him and Sam had gone out for business this morning, going to a bunch of different meetings all across L.A. He told me he was going to be late coming home, but I didn't think he meant literally late, as it was now 8:54 P.M.

I glanced around his big bedroom, the light tan walls had a blue glow from the pool outside, the only room light being the lamp next to me. As I turned my attention back to my phone, the door opened.

Colby sighed as he walked in, slumping his shoulders for a moment. His eyes landed on me, his shoulders then perking up slightly. I could see the bags under his eyes had darkened a bit, his eyes barely holding themselves open.

"Baby." I greeted, my arms reaching out for him.

"Hi darling." He smiled lazily, slowly trudging over to the bed. He sat down and let out another deep breath.

"How was your day?" I asked, my eyes resting on his tired form.

"It was alright. A lot of stuff happened today." He stated, a yawn escaping his mouth.

I suggested, pursing my lips. "Why don't you tell me about it?"

"I will. I just want..." His voice trailed off to a mumble.

"Want what?" I muttered.

He turned his body to me, our gazes finally connecting. "Can we just cuddle for a bit?"

My heart skipped a beat at the softness of his voice. "Of course, sweetheart."

Colby climbed into bed, closing the gap between us. He looked down at me, and then suddenly dropped his head onto my chest, his face buried into my neck. He wrapped his arms around me slowly, our legs tangling together comfortably.

He let out a hum, his body relaxing and pushing me into the mattress.

It wasn't very often we cuddled like this. He loved it when I would rest my head on his chest, tracing his heart tattoo on the other side; or even when we would spoon, our bodies pressed so tightly together.

But moments like this, I lived for.

I slid my hands into his hair gently, my fingers curling around his dark blue locks. My nails lightly scratched against his scalp, a soft murmur falling from his lips.

"What did you say, Colby?" I faintly furrowed my brows.

He moved his head so his lips weren't pressed into my skin, and whispered, "I said I love you."

"I love you too." I lightly placed a kissed against his forehead.

He snuggled into me tighter, his body pressed even deeper into me. The warmth of his hand sent a shiver through me, his thumb rubbing circles into my hip bone.

Everything fell quiet in that moment. All I could hear was our deep breaths and my heartbeat.

And that's when I knew I was home.