frat boy // c.b.

requested by anonymous: If you're taking requests can we get a frat boy Colby blurb 🤤

POV: First person, Y/N, she/her pronouns

trigger warning: cursing, mentions of drinking and partying

word count: 1195

REQUEST ARE OPEN SO FEEL FREE TO ASK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me... pardon me... get the fuck out of my way!" I yelled, shuffling through the crowd of people blocking the stairs.

Why did I think coming to this party was a good idea?

Right... Stacy.

Stacy was one of the few people I had learn to tolerate at my university. I had met her in my English 101 class. We paired up with each other for a project and have been friends since. That was two years ago. We now live together in a house not too far from Kent Street, or infamously named 'Fraternity Row'.

Every frat in our university had a house on Kent Street. This was the place to be if you wanted to party Friday-Sunday (or really during any other day too).

I wasn't much of partier, mostly because I didn't like drinking. Stacy was the opposite. And after begging me to go out, I finally caved.

I didn't realize how annoying a frat party was going to be until I showed up here, and instantly regretted coming.

Everything was too loud, too drunk, and too weirdly sticky. Plus, the music kind of sucked. I needed to get away from the party, so I thought maybe I could go hide in the bathroom. The line that formed outside of it said otherwise.

Next place to be: upstairs.

Technically I wasn't supposed to be upstairs unless I was one of the brothers or one of their guests.

Like I gave a shit.

I just needed to get away before my body exploded from my anxiety.

As I got to the top of the stairs, I glanced down the hallway. Multiple doors lined each side. Each had a poster or stickers on the outside. I guess it was to signal whose room was which. When I got to the end of the hallway, I turned a corner. The door that was in front of me was cracked open. I could see inside of it. Curiosity got the best of me as I walked towards it and entered the room.

Multi-colored post-it notes lined the walls, ceiling to floor. A blue hued lamp lighted the room. In the corner was a couch, with a tv across from it. A mirror rested against the wall next to it. Clothes laid all over the floor. A slightly messy desk sat next to an unmade bed.

"Who the fuck lives in this room?" I mumbled to myself.

Suddenly, the bedroom door swung open. It bounced lightly off the wall with a thud. I jetted my body around to the noise.

"Who are you?"

The guy in front of me was... really hot. He was tall and dressed in all black. His eyes were crazy blue, almost neon in the light. His hair was slightly curly and dark, with blue resting on top.

"Um... um.. I." I cleared my throat.

He rolled his eyes and yelled out down the hallway. "Brennen?! I think one of your girls is in my room!"

I stepped back. "Your girls? What is this, the Handmaiden's Tale?"

"Never mind!" He replied.

We stared at each other for a moment. He hissed, "Is there a reason you're in my room? Who are you anyway?"

"I'm sorry. I came up here to get away from the party." I defended, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Right. So, you're not drunk looking for a bathroom and just stumbled into my room?" He accused me, leaning against his doorway.

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm 100% sober. Do you want me to do the alphabet backwards? Z Y X W-"

He waved his arms. "No. Stop. Don't you know no one is allowed up here?"

"Who was gonna stop me? The guy you called, Brendan or whatever? You know, since apparently I'm one of his girls." I scoffed.

"It's Brennen, first off. And the only reason I thought you were with him is because... he has a lot of girls up here half the time. Usually any girl that comes to this house is only here for him." He shrugged, walking past me and over to his bed.

He continued once he sat down. "Wait a minute, you're sober? At a frat party? Are you a designated driver?"

"No. I just don't like drinking. And I only came up here to hide out." I stated.

"Why?" He asked.

"I get anxiety around people I don't know." I admitted.

"Huh..." He paused, looking me over. His eyes remained soft. "Well, it was lovely talking to you..."

"Y/N." I responded.

"Y/N, but you really gotta go. I have to write a full paper about a play I didn't read, plus deal with the loud ass party happening downstairs." He ranted.

I raised an eyebrow. "A play? What class is that for?"

He sighed. "American Drama. It fills out one of my English credits I have to take to graduate."

"I didn't peg you as the play type."

"I'm not. I've never seen or read a play. Besides Romeo and Juliet."

"What play do you have to write about?" I inquired.

His face scrunched up. "A Streetcar Named Desire. Ever heard of it?"

"By Tennessee Williams. It's literally one of my favorite plays." I grinned.

He chuckled. "You have a favorite play?"

"I am a theater major." I admitted.

"Oh... you can major in that?" He questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "Let me guess... business major?"

"Management." He smirked.

I jeered. "Still a business major. What does the paper have to be about?"

"Literally anything about the play. I need to write it tonight, and I told my brothers we couldn't have a party tonight and yet they still had it. As if for one fucking night we can't have one." He grunted.

"Why don't you just go to the library?" I probed.

"It's closed. Even though midterms are coming up and they swore they would be open for 24 hours once that started happening..." He groaned.

"You could always come to my place." I muttered.

He snapped his head towards me. "What?"

"I live around the corner. On Gardner Ave. And... I have a lot of textbooks on theater, and A Street Car Named Desire on DVD." A soft smile came to my lips.

His eyes widen slightly. "Wait, it's a movie?"

I stared at him. "Have you done... like any research?"

As he was about to respond, a loud noise came from downstairs, causing everyone to start cheering and yelling.

He stared at his ceiling for a moment, annoyed. "That's Jake... body slamming into our beer pong table... again."

"You know that sound by heart?" I joked.

"You'd be surprised." He smiled.

I slowly backed up towards the door. "Well, if you're okay with staying here and trying to work on that paper by yourself... I'll be on my wa-"

"Y/N," He cut me off. "Can I... come over to your place? Maybe crash there even? Since God knows when this party will be over."

"Sure. But one thing. What's your name?" I asked as he stood up.

He bit his lip softly, sticking his hand out. "Colby."

I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Colby."