all i could wish for // c.b.

A/N: this fic deals with a lot of darker subjects, such as stalkers, possessive/obsessive behavior, and being assaulted. if you don't want to read a fic like that, please feel free to skip on this one :)

prompt: you've been a fan of colby's for years, and all you wanted was for him to feel the same way about you as you did him. but you really should have been careful what you wished for. || fan!reader x obsessed!colby

POV: Second person, Y/N, gender neutral pronouns

trigger warning: dark, kind of sad, angsty as hell, the briefest of mentions of smut (but highkey not really), cursing, obsession on both ends, colby is unhinged, surprise ending...?

word count: 1952

~~~~~~~~~~~

you didn't know how it was possible. all you did was make a stupid wish. you didn't think it would come true. how could it? it was an unbelievable request.

you had been a fan of colby's for years, and secretly pined for him for just as long. you knew it was never going to happen, but there was a tiny part of you that wished it would, even if it was impossible.

and one night, in the middle of a dark thunderstorm, you wished for him to be obsessed with you like you were with him. you knew saying that out loud made you sound desperate and crazy, but all you could think about was him and the love you believed he would bring into your life.

you needed him, and you wanted him to need you too.

the next day when you woke up, there was a knock at your door. and there he was, in all of his emo glory: colby brock.

it took a couple days to piece together the insanity of it all. how any of this could have happened. but what you did understand was this: he woke up in the middle of the night, his body aching for yours. he knew who you were, knew where you lived, and had to come out to see you. so, he booked a flight and came to your door, begging for you to let him in.

he knew everything about you. every. little. detail. and for a while, you were so overjoyed to have him around. you guys enjoyed each other's company, in more ways than one; and for a moment, you were truly happy. and colby claimed to be happy too. you could feel yourself falling in love with him. with actual him; not just the version you had seen through your screen.

every day you woke up, he told you how much he loved you. how much you infatuated him. how everything about you brought happiness into his life. he couldn't believe that it took him this long to find someone like you.

but the paradise you lived in with colby only lasted so long.

something about him just seemed... off. sure, you were just starting to get to know him, but there was this unexpected maniac energy around him. like he was running on fumes or pure anxiety alone. especially when you would leave for work. at first, it was cute that he didn't want you to leave. but slowly over time it grew more and more worrisome, borderline annoying. you would come back and he would be in a ball on your bed, his eyes wide with anxiety. he thought you wouldn't come back to him, but every day you assured him that wasn't the case, that you just had to leave for work.

that was just the start of his obsession with you.

there wasn't much you could do in the house without him following you around. if you made food, he was there next to you trying to help. laundry? he folded your clothes with you. shower? you showered together. every step you took, he was right behind you. and at first it was endearing. but now... all you wanted was space. you never thought you would get tired of seeing colby's face, and in reality you weren't. but everything about him was growing more and more annoying by the second. all you wanted was just a bit of room to breathe.