alone together // c.b. (blurb)

prompt: you and colby finally had a day to yourselves, and this was exactly how you wanted to spend it. || reader x colby brock

POV: Second person, Y/N, gender-neutral pronouns

trigger warning: SUPER FLUFFY, literally nothing else

word count: 862

~~~~~~~~

It wasn't often you got to just relax with Colby. He was always busy: whether with phone calls, meetings, travelling, photoshoots, or any other business dealings. That man didn't know how to have time off. And you were in the same boat. His work ethic inspired you immensely, but also made you ridiculously tired.

You craved for the days where you two could just sit and do nothing. They were far and few between, but when they came... you knew how to spend them well.

And this was one of those days.

You had the house all to yourselves - Sam and Kat deciding to head out to LA to hang out with some friends. They weren't going to be back for a while, so you knew you had plenty of time to just be alone.

And while the prospects of being alone together sounded like the perfect time to get intimate, that wasn't what either one of you wanted right in this moment.

You guys were relaxing in Colby's bedroom. Yes, you did have the whole house to yourselves, but his room was always your favorite place to hang out. The lights were low, the bed was cozy. You two had just finished making a homemade pizza - well technically you made it. Colby stood there and supported you morally. God knows that man doesn't know how to cook anything but a grilled cheese.

Colby had turned on a random movie, one that neither of you really were paying attention to. Your body rested against his, cuddling into him. You absentmindedly traced his heart tattoo with your right hand. His skin was warm under your fingertips. His breathing was rhythmic and slow. Deep within his chest. You would have assumed he was sleep with how deep he was breathing, but you could see out of the corner of your eye he was staring at the screen. His one arm was wrapped around you tightly, rubbing your exposed waist.

You craned your neck back to look up at him. His blue eyes almost looked white from this angle, his pupils wide. His jawline was relaxed but sharp, something you always thought was super attractive about him. His cheeks had a light flush to them, his lips slightly pouty. They looked so soft, and they were, and all you wanted to do was reach up and kiss him. A barely noticeable five o'clock shadow was growing in, causing him to look just a little bit older in the dim light.

He glanced down at you, his eyes meeting yours. Your heart skipped a beat for a brief second. How he was able to still do that even after all this time surprised you.

His eyebrows raised, his eyes almost glimmering, "What is it, babe?"

You felt his voice rumble through his chest under your hand. His voice was only just above a whisper, but still incredibly low. Somehow his more hushed tones always sounded so much deeper than his normal voice.

"Nothing. I just wanted to look at you." You murmured, your eyes still looking into his.

"Like what you see?"? He asked cheekily, a light smirk on his face.

You giggled. "Of course."

Colby's hand cupped your face for a moment, brushing your hair back behind your ear. Now, it was his turn to look at you.

You watched him watch you. His eyes studied your face, every single part of it. You could see his eyes take in every bit. You wished you could hear what he was thinking. You could almost see how each part of your face was affecting him, his eyes telling a thousand stories at once. He drank in your face until he was drunk. He opened his mouth to say something, but he was just too drunk to speak.

You worried for a moment if he saw the flaws you'd pick out easily, but the moment his eyes landed on your lips and smiled, you didn't care. He had told you many times in the past that there was not a single flaw on you that he did not like. Everything about you to him was amazing. Everything about you was fascinating.

"Like what you see?" You repeated, your hand rubbing his arm.

His thumb dragged across your jaw softly as he spoke. "How do you keep getting more beautiful every day?"

You felt your face heat up from his words. You were tempted to roll your eyes at him, but instead you just responded with "Luck, I guess."

"Then, I am the luckiest man ever." He stated sincerely.

You held your breath for a moment, his tone surprising you. He leaned down, capturing your lips in a gentle kiss.

Time felt frozen right then. All you could have hoped for was to stay like this forever. And you knew deep inside, past your insecurities and doubts, that Colby felt the same way as you.

That man loved you, more than you could ever fully understand.

Colby pulled away; his forehead still pressed against yours. His eyes still closed, he breathed deeply.

"I love you." He whispered.

You hummed; your heart full. "I love you too."