not in my world // c.b. (vampire AU)

requested by anonymous (and other ppl too): You should defffffinitely write that fanfic of vampire Colby cause I really need that in my life😂😂

POV: first person, Y/N, she/her pronouns

trigger warning: VAMPIRE STUFF: blood, neck biting, drinking, fighting, cursing

word count: 1605

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be working at bar designated for vampires. Yet, here I was, bartending away to our lovely patrons.

And by lovely, I mean dickheads.

Vampires came out into our world a couple years back, when I was only a teenager. They were tired of hiding so they wanted to be visible, be seen as something real. Most humans didn't take it well at first, but we got used to it, especially since a lot of important people were also vampires.

The moment vampires were accepted, vampire establishments started opening up everywhere. Of course, there were some states that banned vampire businesses from existing, but one of the most popular states to go to for all things vampire was California. In particular, Los Angeles; which is where I lived and worked.

The bar was called Vampiro; not the biggest vampire bar in LA, but the loyalist of vamps came here. Other bars were more designed to draw in tourists and vacationers. This bar had almost no humans in it. I was one of the few.

Originally, I was hired because I was human, which would attract more vampires. The reason I stayed was because I was immune to vampire's powers. Some vampires had abilities, depending on how old or powerful they were. Some could see into the future, some could read minds, some could even control people. But none of those powers worked on me.

This became a very useful thing when working at a bar. Vamps were always surprised and soon learned I was not the one to be messed with.

"Yo! Can I get ten shots of jäger? And a pint of blood? B positive?" A vamp called to me, shining his fangs at me. He had black hair and the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen.

"Of course. Since you asked so kindly..." I stated, a tight-lipped smile falling to my face. I swiped his card and gave it back with a nod.

Grabbing the jäger bottle, I poured out the shots, followed by the cup of blood. Placing them all on a tray, I walked over to his table. He was there with three other vamps, two brunettes and a blonde haired one.

I set the tray down, sliding all the drinks onto the table. "Ten shots jäger, one pint B positive."

"You know, I'm not really into B positive. What blood type are you? You smell like O positive, maybe AB?" The blonde haired vampire smirked, lightly grabbing my wrist.

"Oh. My blood type is actually super rare. It's FU." I deadpanned, smiling sweetly.

He gripped my arm tightly as I tried to pull away. "I think... you should be a bit nicer to me. I am a paying customer."

"I'm pretty sure your friend is the one that paid. Also, get your hand off me." I grunted, glaring him down.

"Why don't you say that looking into my eyes, sweetheart?" He hissed, pulling me into him. Making me stare into his eyes, I could see his pupils dilate and shrink. This was an immediate sign he was trying to use his power on me.

"I think you're feeling apologetic for being a bitch to me. Maybe you want to say sorry to me by giving me just a tiny bit of your blood." He whispered. He nodded his head to the rest of the boys at the table, all of which were smirking.