the monster // s.g. (pt 2) (blurb)

A/N: written during my 13 nights of halloween on tumblr

prompt: sam as the monster from frankenstein || reader x sam golbach

POV: Second person, gender neutral pronouns

word count: 485

~~~~~

you awoke suddenly, your head feeling like a rock had been slammed against it over and over again. you were freezing and your body felt sore. you slowly opened your eyes, adjusting to the darkness of the cabin you were in.

how did i get here? you thought to yourself.

a rush of imagines came to you: a mob had been going after the monster in the woods. you tried to tell them that he was just a man, a man unlike anyone in town. he was misunderstood and harmless, but a missing girl was found dead and everyone blamed him. you know he couldn't have done it. you had been watching him for months on end, even tried to talk to him once. but he was startled by you and ran off before you could speak. a man like that could never harm a small girl. you just knew it.

and as you tried to calm down the crowd, one of the men pushed you down hard onto ground, kicking you in the head. he screamed at you to get out of his way, and then everything turned to black.

you glanced around at your surroundings, realizing quickly the cabin you were in was unlike any of the ones in town. the soft blanket that was covering you smelled of pine and the earth. your eyes began to focus, seeing a lit fireplace not too far from you. a man hunched over it, boiling water for tea. his matted blonde hair caught your eye first.

it was him. he must have brought you here.

you tried sitting up, moaning lowly as your head felt like it was spinning. he turned towards you, and in the dull light you knew just how intense his eyes were. how deeply blue they looked as they stared at you. but this time, you weren't afraid.

"i'm alright." you mumbled to the man, assuring him.

he gazed down at the floor, his strides to you long but hesitant.

"did you bring me here?" you asked softly, already knowing the answer.

you had never heard him speak before, hoping that now he would. he got close to you, sitting at the edge of the bed. he lightly placed two fingers against your head, the sensitive spot where the man from the crowd kicked you. you could see down in his lap that he had a warm cloth, most likely one he had used it to help clean the blood off your forehead.

"you brought me here because of this?" you questioned, catching his gaze.

his eyes almost looked crazed, but in a nervous way. he must have been frightened on many levels, unsure of what he was doing.

he grunted out slowly, in a breathy tone. "keep... you... safe."

your heart sore at his words, your breath hitching. "thank you."

he nodded, the tiniest smile coming to his pale lips.