the phantom // c.b. (blurb)

written during my "13 nights of halloween" on tumblr

prompt: colby as the phantom of the opera || reader x colby brock

POV: Second person, gender-neutral pronouns

word count: 230

~~~~~~~~

you could hear it: a voice. it called out your name, a low whisper as you practiced your song. it wasn't a familiar voice. how did it know your name? you weren't sure how; but even when silence deafened your dressing room, the voice still rang in your ears.

you could hear it in the walls. how was it coming from there? you followed it around your dressing room, until you found where it was at it's loudest: the mirror.

you stared into it, confused. the voice had repeated your name over and over, but now it was singing it. the voice was hauntingly low, a shiver running down your spine. you kept your gaze, waiting for something. what exactly? you weren't sure.

a face appeared behind the glass. it was hard to make it out, half of it covered by a mask, but what you could see... was beautiful. it didn't scare you, even though it should have. the stare was hypnotizing, the voice drawing you in closer and closer to the mirror.

you wanted to follow him. you had to. you had no other choice.

his hand stretched out to you, and you took it gently. your eyes never left his as he pulled you slowly through the mirror. you didn't know how any of this was possible, but you didn't care. you just wanted to know him.