smile for me // s.g.

A/N: this fic deals with a lot of darker subjects, such as stalkers, possessive/obsessive behavior, and being assaulted. if you don't want to read a fic like that, please feel free to skip on this one :)

prompt: a stalker has made it its mission to leave you unsettled in your own home. everyone is looking out for you, your fans, your security team, and even the paparazzi. || famous!reader x paparazzi!sam

POV: Second person, Y/N, gender neutral pronouns

trigger warning: stalking, home invasion, cursing, creepy stalker, surprise ending, angst

word count: 1805

~~~~~~~~~~~

your face was everywhere: magazines, tv, movies, instagram, twitter, tiktok. you were being talked about daily. every move you made was followed by paparazzi. you couldn't even get a drink at starbucks without stopping for a mini meet and greet. everyone knew about you.

especially sam.

sam didn't love being a paparazzi. times were changing, and celebrities didn't really need to be photographed by random strangers to gain popularity anymore. hell, most times paparazzi would get tipped off by the celebs themselves by their posts on instagram or snapchat. and you in particular... you marked your every move. and sam followed it.

over the few years of your celebrity status, you had come to know the faces that would follow you around the most. sam was one of them. he was the nicest out of all the paparazzi. never yelled at you, never asked invasive questions. he would just ask for you to smile for him, and then he would be on his way.

you knew every day you were out, you would see him. and weirdly, it made you happy. it was a nice common occurrence you could count on in your ever-changing daily routine.

one morning when you woke up, something felt very off. the air around you was colder than usually, like someone left a window open. as you stepped out of bed, you felt something plastic underneath your foot. you looked down and found a polaroid. you picked it up, turned it over, gasping loudly at the image.

it was of you. sleeping. from last night.

you immediately called your security team and they checked out the house. that night cameras were installed all over your property, something you had been meaning to do for the longest time. your security team was on high alert for the next few days, and so were you. it was hard to go to sleep knowing someone could sneak into your house and photograph you. but at least with the cameras up and running, you felt a little bit safer.

a couple days later, you saw sam. he told you he heard the news about the break in and understood if you didn't want to be photographed. but you smiled for his picture nonetheless, and then decided to ask him a question.

"i know this might be weird, but do you know of any paparazzi that use polaroid cameras?"

sam squinted at you. "it wouldn't make sense to use that type of camera, especially for everyday use like us. but i can ask around. maybe see if any of the new guys are a bit on the weirder side of things and would do something like that."

you nodded, "thank you. that would mean so much to me."

you felt safe that night and went to sleep peacefully. but in the morning, you woke up to another polaroid of you sleeping. but not just one, multiple. and throughout your house. in your bathroom, in your kitchen, all the way leading up to the front door.

you checked the cameras, knowing this stalker would have to be on there.... but nothing showed up. not a single blip of a person appeared in the hours of footage. how is that even possible? it's not like a ghost was taking photos of you! your security team figured that someone hacked the cameras and deleted the footage. there wasn't much your team could do. they tried to make your cameras less hackable, in case there was another attempt at a break in.