moment // c.b.

requested by anonymous: Could you write something where Y/N is a big YouTuber and she does a Q&A and gets asked if she like watches Sam and Colby and then she keeps getting questions about them (specifically Colby) and fans tweet at Colby about it so he watches the video with like Jake and Corey and Sam and Y/N and Colby end up doing a collab? Sorry if that's a lot

POV: third person with Y/N, she/her pronouns

trigger warning: like two curse words???, SUPER FLUFFY AND ALL THE UWUs

word count: 1244

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey guys, welcome back to my channel! As you know right now, I am on tour. It has been so amazing to meet all of you and to perform my new music and hear all the love you guys have for it. It's really awesome." Y/N smiled sweetly into the camera.

"That being said, I thought I would do a lighter video today. So I asked you guys on twitter to tweet me questions. And here is what you guys asked."

After ten minutes of answering questions, ranging from favorite song off your album to first breakup experience, Y/N arrived at an interesting question.

"Okay, next question. From Alyssa, do you have a youtube crush?" She stated, staring at her phone intensely.

She chuckled to herself. "Wow... this isn't gonna be awkward." She continued, smiling. "Well, if I'm honest, I've had a huge crush on this cute duo name Sam and Colby. My crush is mostly centered on Colby since he's the single one. But I love their content, they are some of my favorite people to watch right now. Also they're really cute, so that's a plus."

She ran her fingers through her hair nervously. "Next question..."

Y/N didn't think anything of her answer. Was she truthful when she said she had a crush Colby? Yes. Did she think everyone was gonna make as big of a deal about it as they did? Absolutely not.

The moment her video came out, Colby's dms, comment sections, and tagged posts on every social media platform became about Y/N. He had never heard of her, mostly because he didn't watch musical youtubers outside of his friends.

Y/N didn't think Colby would ever see her video, or any of the countless dms her fans and his fans sent to him. It didn't help that after her video was posted, she wore an XPLR shirt at a show in Pennsylvania, causing more fans to pay attention to her apparent crush.

One day, Colby decided to look up Y/N. He found her youtube channel first, watching the infamous video of her admitting to having a crush on him. He was with Sam, Jake, and Corey, all of whom were interested to see her.

"She seems really dope." Corey spoke first, nodding his head softly.

Colby shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so. I've only seen this one video so far."

"You've gotta check out her singing. Kat watches her occasionally and says her voice is crazy good." Sam chimed in.

Jake leaned over to Colby. "Dude, she's talented, into you, and hot? Brother, dm her right now."

Colby laughed and shoved Jake away. "Sure thing, brother."

Later on when everyone went back to their apartments, Colby continued to watch her videos. He was surprised by her voice, how both angelic and raw it was. Her original songs were so deep and personal, it made him feel like he knew her. Her taste in music was also amazing, mostly because it was similar to his.

And Jake wasn't lying when he said she was attractive.

Colby went to her instagram. Her photos were mostly her, but also a lot of her fans and her at meet and greets. Every time she performed, she posted a photo of her and the crowd together. She truly loved her fans. It brought a smile to his face.

His thumb hovered over the 'Message' button. Should he really dm her? What should he even say?

He rolled his eyes as he typed out his message.

hey
i know this is a bit awkward but a lot of my fans and your fans really want us to collab. i'm down to do one next time you're in la.
hmu and let me know

He sighed, annoyed at his own inability to talk to someone he was vaguely attracted to. He was overthinking this whole thing. She probably won't even see i-

I'm down!
Hahaha sorry about my fans. Hope they didn't harass you too much
😊

/ / / / / /

To say Y/N was nervous was an understatement. Y/N was essentially scared shitless. The idea of walking into Colby's apartment, after seeing it so many times in videos, was crazy. She still couldn't comprehend the fact that she was in an uber, on her way to his apartment.

After arranging a date to do the collab, they exchanged numbers. They had texted each other from time to time, mostly about what they were thinking of doing for their channels, but also random stuff they heard from their fans.

Because she admitted to having a crush on him, obviously people were shipping them together. Neither one of them minded. Both trying to play it off as if it was all in good fun and nothing more.

As Y/N got out of the uber, she sent a quick text to Colby. He buzzed her up, and she walked to the elevator, getting in and slowly climbing to the fifth floor.

520. That was his place.

The fifth ding brought her out of her anxiety for only a second. She took a breath as she walked down the hall.

517... 518... 519...

"Fuck." She exhaled, stepping up to the door.

Colby leaned against his counter, downing a bottle of water. Why was he so nervous? He had had pretty girls in his apartment before. This wouldn't be a first. But he couldn't shake the feeling of butterflies in his stomach. He felt oddly like a teenager again, having nerves that he thought he had mostly gotten rid of, but he didn't know if that was good thing or a bad thing.

Three soft knocks came from his front door, causing him to jump slightly. He placed his water bottle down and slowly walked to the door. He took a breath and opened it.

They both stared at each other, not saying anything.

Colby cleared his throat, looking away briefly. "Hey."

"Hi." Y/N replied, smiling softly.

"Come on in." Colby moved out of the way, making room for her to enter.

Y/N glanced around his apartment. "It's nice to finally meet you." He stated.

"Same here. If I'm honest with you, I'm kinda fangirling right now." She admitted.

Colby raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

Y/N nodded her head. "Yeah, I've only been a fan for a year now, but I seriously love both yours and Sam's content. And then obviously the duo channel."

"Thank you. And I've become a fan of you now, actually."

"Oh really?"

"Your voice is so fucking amazing. And that one song, 'Let Me Waste', has been on repeat this whole past month for me." Colby blurted out.

She beamed. "Oh my God! Thank you so much, I'm so happy you like it. That's honestly my favorite song I've written so far. I'm having a show next week here in LA. I can set you and whoever else you want up with tickets if you're free."

Colby smiled brightly. "That would be sick. Thank you."

Y/N leaned against his kitchen counter. "You know what I realized recently? When we post our collabs, our fans are gonna fucking lose it."

"I know. I've had to hold back from hinting at it all this time." He agreed.

She giggled. "Same here."

A silence fell over the two of them. They gazed, lost in the moment of finally being near each other.

Colby stuttered. "A-Are you ready to get started?"

Y/N bit her lip. "Ready as I'll ever be."