when i look at the stars // c.b.

requested by anonymous: Could you do a proposal one with Colby? Or one where they have a kid?

POV: Second person, Y/N, no pronouns used/no gender

trigger warning: just pure romantic fluff

word count: 988

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He knew what you would have wanted. You weren't the type for over-dramatic things. You didn't like surprises and you hated being the center of attention, which is why when he decided to ask for your hand in marriage, he did it in the best way he knew how.

The first date you two had ever been on was a simple one, because even back then you were chill. You guys decided to go to the top of a parking lot complex, park his old beat up Toyota Corolla, and sit on the hood, eating McDonalds and looking up at the stars. Or, at least the stars you could kind of see in Los Angeles.

That was five years ago. It was the best date you had ever been on, and it was what made you fall in love with Colby. The same went for him. You two stayed up there until security came around and told you two to leave before the cops arrived. You drove off quickly, laughing the whole time while the security car chased you.

It was a date you never forgot and always wanted to relive.

So, it felt a bit weird to be back on top of the parking lot complex years later. When Colby had asked to take you there again, at first you were surprised. But you realized you two had always joked of redoing that date, reliving it one more time before you grew too old.

With McDonalds in hand, you got out of the car. Right before you could hop onto the hood of his car, Colby stopped you.

"I've got some upgrades." He smirked, going to his backseat. In his arms was a blanket, a candle, and a single rose.

As he shook out the blanket, you rolled your eyes. "All this just so we could eat McDonalds?"

He shrugged, lighting the candle and smiling.

As you ate your food, you spoke about the five years you had been together. How this relationship was the longest either one of you had been in. You were surprised you guys had lasted this long.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He gasped, almost choking on his fries.

You laughed. "Do you not remember us fighting all the time at first?"

He nodded his head. It was true. You and Colby had met at the then peak of his career. With multiple deals lining up for him and Sam, it was hard to be around each other often. He traveled a lot and it put a strain on your relationship at first. But you worked through it, realizing that any number miles between you two meant nothing because you still love each other regardless of distance.

"Did I say I love you first, or did you?" You asked, taking a sip of your drink.

He tilted his head to the side and pursed his lips. "I think... it was you?"

You shrugged, letting out a chuckle. "They all blur together in the end."

The two of you sat there for another hour, laughing and talking about the past and the future. As you finished your food, you slid off the car and went over to a trash can, getting rid of your garbage. As you turned back around, Colby leaned against his car, the rose in his hand pointed out towards you.

You smiled sweetly as you took it. "Is it time to go home?"

"Not quite yet. I have two presents to give you." He stated, spinning around and getting something out of the car.

"What, why?" You questioned, feeling your face heat up.

"Because I wanted to." He beamed.

He made you lean against the car as he pulled out a goody bag. It was white and gold with a cute bow around it. He handed it to you: it felt like nothing was inside.

You raised an eyebrow as you opened the bag to see a piece of paper inside with nothing else. You pulled it out and unrolled it. The title read "Star Certificate".

"Star Certificate?" You questioned.

"Keep reading." He replied.

The rest of the paper told you that at a specific coordinate, a star was named after you. You looked up at Colby in awe. "You named a star after me?"

"Yeah."

"Where is the star right now in the sky?"

He laughed. "It should be right above you."

You looked directly up and saw a little light gleaming in the night. You gasped. "Oh my God I think I see it!"

"I also have it down here." He mentioned.

You looked towards him, confused by his words. He was no longer standing in front of you; he was kneeling on one knee. A sparkle gleamed in his eye as he held back tears. In his hand was a ring box, opened. The ring inside was a silver band and a single diamond, in the shape of a star with twelve points on it.

It took you a moment to register what he was doing. Your mouth fell open when it finally clicked. "Colby..."

"Y/N, I've loved you for five years and not a moment goes by when I don't think of you. I've never met someone that made me as happy as you do. I can't imagine my life with you not in it. So... will you marry me?" His voice was slightly shaky and he had the biggest smile ever on his lips. He stared into your eyes with a look you had seen so many times before. Any time you said 'I love you', he gave you this exact look.

You exhaled, trying to slow down your heartbeat. You were surprised he couldn't hear it pounding against your rib-cage. "Do you really think I'd say no?"

"Is that a yes?" He whispered, biting his lip.

You nodded your head. Your voice quaked as you choked back tears. "Of course I'll marry you."