scars // c.b.

requested by absolute-randomness-forever on tumblr: Could you do one with Colby and the reader has lots of scars and when she puts on an outfit she gets embarrassed of them and when she tries to cancel he comforts her about them

POV: first person, Y/N, she/her pronouns

trigger warning: mentions of scars/cuts and a car accident. SUPER FLUFFY

word count: 727

REQUEST ARE OPEN SO FEEL FREE TO ASK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe? Are you almost ready?" Colby called out to me.

"In a minute Colbs!" I yelled back.

I stared at myself in the mirror. The Trap House was throwing a pool party, a kickback for the end of summer. I was excited to be here, mostly because me and Colby had just recently started dating and this was a chance for me to introduce myself to all of his friends.

But I was planted in front of this mirror, afraid to move from it.

I had recently got into a car accident. Everything was fine in the end, nothing was broken but a damaged car. However, I was left with cuts and scars from the broken glass of the windshield and window. I had them all over my arms and legs. I had one or two on my face. They had mostly healed.

I didn't like what I saw. To me, I no longer looked like myself. I could feel my skin crawl as I glanced at all the scars. How was I gonna be able to wear a bathing suit looking like this?

"Baby, everyone's waiting on... you." Colby started, but stopped as soon as he saw me looking at myself. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "I don't think I can go out. Maybe you should just tell everyone I'm sick."

His face scrunched up. "What? Why?"

"Look at me. I look... gross." I groaned.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, stepping into the bathroom.

"You know why." I mumbled.

He stated. "Y/N... your scars are not gross. Nothing about you is gross. Do you know what these scars say?"

"What?" I replied.

"I survived a terrible accident. I made it out alive. These show you're brave." He nodded his head, staring at me in the mirror.

I let out a hollow laugh. "I highly doubt anyone thinks that."

"Baby," Colby turned me towards him, making me look into his eyes. "You are beautiful, regardless of the scars. Nothing about you or what your body looks like is wrong or gross. You are gorgeous. And if anyone out there disagrees with me, they're not my friend in first place. So, good riddance."

I exhaled nervously. "What if I feel uncomfortable?"

"How about this? Come outside for ten minutes. If you still feel bad, you can come back up here and get changed. I'll come in too, and we can order some food and cuddle, if you want." He lightly rubbed my shoulders.

I pursed my lips. "Just ten minutes?"

He chuckled. "That's all I ask for."

I sighed. "...Alright."

Colby gave me a big smile, sticking his hand out for me to take. I slid my hand in his and followed him down the steps. We walked out to the pool, and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. Colby gazed at me quickly, squeezing my hand.

"Guys, this is Y/N, my girlfriend." Colby announced. Everyone turned their heads towards me.

"Wow, Colby finally has a girlfriend... is the world coming to an end?" Corey responded, nudging Sam.

Everyone laughed and Colby rolled his eyes. He pulled me to the pool and we both got in.

I ended up meeting all the Trap House members, along with their girlfriends, and I had a good time. I never even paid attention to the time as we all sat around and talked about life, the boys, and random other stuff. The whole night was filled with laughter and fun.

I stopped paying attention to my scars and didn't even realize they were showing all night.

The sun had finally set as we all went back inside. I leaned against the kitchen counter as Colby pulled out two water bottles for us.

"So... did you have fun?" He questioned, a soft smile playing on his lips.

I smiled back, nodding my head. "Yeah. Your friends are really funny. They were all really nice."

"Do you wanna know how long we were out there for?" He inquired, pulling me close to him.

I shrugged. "How long?"

He rubbed my waist lightly. "Five hours."

My eyes widen for a moment. "Wow..."

"A lot longer than ten minutes, huh." Colby smirked.

"I guess you were right." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" He whispered.

I pecked his lips quickly. "Shut up."