the phantom // c.b. (pt 2) (blurb)

A/N: written during my 13 nights of halloween on tumblr

prompt: colby as the phantom from the phantom of the opera || fem!reader x colby brock

POV: Second person, she/her pronouns

word count: 644

~~~~~~

you had stepped off the dance floor, mingling around as you watched your lover from afar. he was so handsome as he talked to people you knew. he met your gaze and sent you a cheeky wink.

an upbeat instrumental began to play, and you felt the urge to dance. you tempted to find a friend, or someone else to dance with, knowing your fiancé was still tired from all the previous ones. you pulled your masquerade on snugly, searching for your best friend.

"may i have this dance, ms. y/n?" a deep voice spoke from behind said.

you turned, facing a man that was oddly familiar. his tall stature made you lift your head, glancing up at him. his devil mask was shocking, but very festive for this new years celebration. it even matched yours in a way, since you were an angel.

"of course, sir. i would be honored." you smiled politely, taking his hand gently.

he pulled you onto the dancefloor, spinning you around quickly. his hand rested in yours firmly, his other softly on your back. you began a waltz, your feet almost floating across the dancefloor as he moved you, controlled you.

"who do you know here, if you don't mind me asking?" you queried kindly, making conversation.

a smirk playful settled into his face. "you could say i know everyone here. especially you, ms. y/n."

"do you come to the opera a lot?" you asked, studying his mask.

you couldn't place his voice, but something about it drew you in, knowing you had heard it before. it reminded you of many dreams you had had, and many nightmares too.

"i'm always here. always watching." his pleasant, lulling voice dropped suddenly, "this is my opera house, after all."

your stomach churned at his tone. it reminded you so much of.... the phantom. but, there was no way. it couldn't have been him.

"you know who i am, don't you? my voice is still music to your ears, no?" he teased, chuckling darkly.

it was him. but how could he be here after all this time? and why hadn't you recognized him until now? you began searching for your lover, trying to see him and let him know he was here.

"don't say a word, y/n. if you speak, i'll make sure your fiancé never gets to see your face again." he threatened lowly, pulling you closer to him.

you bit back tears, finally staring up into his eyes. those eyes. at one point, they were the eyes that drew you in, that sparked a flame in your soul. but now, they made your blood run cold.

"letters will be sent out tomorrow. i have written a new show and you will be the main star. you have so much potential and with my help, you will get so far," he informed quickly. "you deserve to be the biggest star this world has ever seen. and as much as you want to deny it, with me by your side, i can make that happen."

"but what about what i want? don't i get a say in my own life?" you argued defiantly.

"no. i know what's best for you. i am your angel of music. i have always known what's best for you." he pressed his mouth against your ear, the music slowly ending as he did. "he will never know you like i do. you will always... belong to me."

your body froze as he pulled away, his words sending chills down your spine. he glanced down at your necklace, the one with your ring on it. he slid his hand up, yanking it off of you. he turned, and began to run off. the moment he did that, something inside of you leapt out.

you screamed at the top of your lung, letting everyone know he was back.