carnival ride // s.g.

prompt: you and your date go on date with sam and his date. but something is up with your date... and sam.

POV: First person, Y/N, she/her pronouns

trigger warning: fluff, cursing, mentions of cheating, kat and sam are not a couple in this

word count: 2043

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...And we're finally here." Bradley, my date, stated as he pulled his car into a parking space.

"Oh wow, look at the Ferris Wheel!" I exclaimed, gazing up at it from the window.

"No way are we going on that." He scoffed.

"What why?" I questioned.

Bradley rolled his eyes. "Because it's lame. The roller coasters are where it's at. Every other ride is dumb."

"I mean, yeah... I guess." I murmured.

He unbuckled his seatbelt. "So, when is Sam supposed to get here with his date?"

"Um, I think that's them over there." I pointed to a couple not too far from our car.

"Good. I did not want to wait for them." He complained.

He got out of the car quickly, not even waiting for me or getting my door. I sighed, rolling my eyes as he strutted up to Sam and his date, Katy.

I was not excited about tonight. Bradley had been getting on my nerves this whole week. Bradley, when I first started talking to him, was really sweet and gentlemanly. Our first date was so beautiful and romantic, I honestly felt like I was in a movie. That was about three weeks ago. And since then... a whole new side of him has showed. He's inconsiderate about my feelings and never wants to do anything fun or outside of his normal. I literally had to beg him to come to this carnival with me, and the only reason I was able to make him come was because Sam asked him to.

And speaking of Sam, he was pissing me off too. Sam had been my friend for years and was one of the few people I trusted. He always had my back and was very honest with me.

Maybe too honest now.

Ever since he met Bradley, he has been telling me to end it with him, saying that he's just not my type. Sam likes to point out every time Bradley fucks up. But anytime Bradley comes around, Sam's ultra nice to him. I didn't quite understand it.

As I stepped towards the group, I noticed Sam had his hood up. Bradley continued to talk his ear off, not even noticing that I was next to him. Sam glanced at me, smirked to himself, and pulled his hood down.

I interjected. "Holy shit, your hair's brown."

Sam turned his attention to me, smiling. "Yeah. I felt like changing it up a bit."

I felt weird butterflies flutter in my stomach.

What? Why is this happening?

He looked... really good... with brown hair.

I shook my head, trying to relax myself.

Stop it Y/N! You're supposed to be angry at him.

I looked at Sam's date. I had heard Sam talk about her once before, and she seemed nice. She had beautiful blonde hair, striking green eyes, and was wearing a cute dress that looked great on her.

Lovely. I look like a baked potato next to her.

Sam followed my gaze. "Oh, I almost forgot to introduce you. Katy, this is Y/N. Y/N, Katy."