Chapter 24: Fun Fest? Maybe Not So Fun

Mae POV

So today was fun fest. There were games,food, and a raffle. I couldn't wait!

It was 6:00 when fun fest started. We went to the Middle School. Miles, Beck, Angela and Ella would all be there for sure. I wanted to make up with Miles because it felt wrong to be mad at him. So I started looking for him but I ran into Ella. We went into the World Language room and we each won a cute medium sized ball with a smily face on the front.

Next we went to the 7:11 game. And I won a tattoo and Ella won a huge horn. We decided to put in our raffle tickets and after that we went to the beanbag toss.

I saw Angela in this room. She stood by the board where you tossed the beanbags in. She stood there on her phone chewing gum like she was all that. It was my turn I tossed the beanbag but missed. I had two more beanbags left. I tossed the second one and I saw Angela push the board with her foot so I would miss.

I had one more try. I had to make it and then I would win a small stuffed animal. Focus, focus, focus. I tossed the beanbag and I saw Angela push some innocent person in the way that the beanbag was flying. It hit the poor girl. I looked at the people that were hosting this game. I had the face do I get a do over? He had the face Nope.

Wow what a jerk. I thought.

When I headed out the door of the beanbag toss room I couldn't find Ella. She probably didn't want to be with a loser like me.

I started looking for her when I ran into Miles. "Oh hey..." He began. "I was looking for you."

"Same here," I said.

It was silent. Then I blurted out, "Why did you send me all those mean texts!?"

"Why texts?" He said obviously confused.

I showed him my phone and scrolled through all the mean text he sent me. I felt like crying my eyes out. "Just leave me alone," I cried and ran to the bathroom.