Chapter 31: A Miracle

"Good for you," I managed to say.

        She gave me a small smile. "So I was gonna ask him to the dance," she begins. The winter dance was in two days I totally forgot about it. "But now that I know what Miles has done to you I'm going to stay here with you instead of going."

        "That's nice," I said, "but I rather sit here alone and listen to music," I said.

        "Well then I'm staying here and listening to music with you," she said.

        "What if..." I was thinking of what I was about to say. I wanted Ella to be happy so I said, "What if I go to the dance? Then will you go?"

        "Sure," she said.

        "OK," I say. Then I lay down and so does Ella. We both look at the glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling. I smile Ella was gonna have a good time at the dance. "Ella," I begin. "What?" She asks. "The dance is in two days. You have to get a dress and ask Beck to go to the dance." I say.

        "Well then I need a miracle," She replies.

        "Yeah.." I say and we both fall asleep.

        4:00am

        How did Miles know Ella was in my house? He couldn't. He didn't. Angela's the only person in my house besides Ella and me. Mom was out, and who knows where dad is.

        I sat up breathing heavy. It was all part of a dream. But it seemed so real. Maybe I got a miracle. I looked over at Ella. Sound asleep.

        Then it hit me! Angela's the one who sent the texts. It had to be her. I crept downstairs to the couch. Where Angela was sleeping all spread out ready to fall off. She looked guilty even though she was sleeping I could tell. I'm just that awesome.

        Sure enough laying on her face was Miles' phone. Idiot.

        Tomorrow I had to apologize to Miles. I will text him.

        Then I realized I had his phone. Guess I will have to do it old-style and send a letter. Scratch that. Letters probable don't arrive until 10 gazillion days later. I will have to walk to his house. Ain't my life the best?