Chapter 11: Miles

Angela's POV

When I walked inside I texted Kayla and asked if she could come over, she said she was in Chicago. Just great. I decided to look at the note. So Mae likes Beck this napkin totally proves it.

Mae POV

I walked to Miles house in the dark. Thinking about the "Beck Incident". I litterally ruined my life in three seconds. I was so mad I didn't pay any attention to where I was going and I trip on my shoelace. Luckily I somehow landed on my back and my backpack broke my fall. But as I was getting up I saw in the darkness of the night a figure slowly walking towards me.

I thought I was hallucinating from the hard fall but then it helped me up. How kind.

But then it grabbed my backpack an sprinted away towards what look like a truck. Miles came outside after all the commotion and saw the bright headlights turn on. "What is that?" he asked as he started squinting. My arm was bleeding and he noticed before I did. "MAE YOUR ARM IS BLEEDING," he screamed. "Don't mind me, we have to go catch that truck!" I screamed to him. We started chasing after the truck and we realized it said 'Dark Skies' on the side. We keep running but we it sped away and disappeared in the night sky.

"Mae are you ok?" Miles stammered. He looked so worried I found it kind of...cute. "I think," I replied.

"How many fingers am I holding up!?" He questioned.

I looked, about to laugh,"16?" I replied.

"Oh no, oh no, this is bad!" He stammered walking back and forth thinking.

I was looking at him like I had some kind of loopy gas. Then I spoke, "I'm Sleeping Beauty and I can only wake up or in this case become normal again if you..." Then it hit me! What was I saying?!

"Umm are you talking about kissing you?" Miles said confused.

"Umm no I was umm..." I scratched my head.

"Wow you must have hit your head pretty hard," Miles said with a chuckle. "Let's get inside."

He held his hand out and I took it gently and we walked inside.