Chapter 36: The Dance!

A/N: Look up the song Jar Of Hearts and Worth It. It will make this chapter better.

    It was Friday and I woke up late. I guess I forgot to set my alarm clock because I was so excited for the dance. It's 7:20 and my bus comes at 7:30! Crap!!!

    I quickly get dressed in black sweat pants and a red baseball practice shirt. Who cares I mean really?

    I run into the bathroom grab my hairbrush and run down the stairs to my school bag. I stuff my school bag with my hair brush and school stuff and sling it over my shoulder. I grab the whole bread bag and my lunch and run out the door. I run back in to grab my winter coat and put it over my backpack and shoulders.

    I run as fast as I can through the snow careful not to trip. I see the bus coming down the street. I run faster. The bus gets to the stop before I do and as it is closing the doors as I slip in.

Phew. I slump down into the front seat not wanting to walk to the back where I see Ella sitting with Beck. And Miles sitting alone across them.

    I can feel everyone staring at me. I take out my hair brush and brush my hair.

    "Forget to set your alarm?" My bus driver asks.

    "Yeah how'd you know?" I ask.

    "I'm psychic!" My bus driver says and waves his hands forming a rainbow in front of him. I smile.

    • • • • • • • • • • •

    During lunch everyone is talking about the dance tonight. I tell Beck, Miles, and Ella about my morning they laugh except Beck. I don't think he likes me all that much but he likes Ella and I'm ok with that.

    • • • • • • • • • • •

    When I get home I finish my homework and watch TV. I couldn't sit still while I watched though. I was so excited! When it's 5:00 I get into my dress and get my shoes on. The dress is perfect with my wavy brown hair. I guess mom doesn't think that because she starts curling my hair. She curls it to the side kinda weird I think. But it looks nice in the end. Then she puts gold flowers and specs in the curls.

    What really shocked me was she took out her makeup kit. And takes a brush and puts gold eyeshadow on it. She doesn't put that much on but it looks great. She asks if I want lipstick and I nod slightly. She puts on a medium shade of red lipstick on my lips. A little lighter than my dress color. I think she thinks she going to the dance not me but I don't know. I walk around the room to test out my shoes because they have a little heel.

    It's 6:00 and mom drives me to the dance. I get out of the car and mom says she will pick me up at 11:00. "Okay" I say and shut the door. I walk into the school and can see the whole school there. I find Ella with Beck but I can't find Miles. Ella is wearing her nice dress and Beck is wearing a black tuxedo. They look so cute! Then I spot Miles by the punch bowl. He looks nervous.

    "Hey," I say as I walk up to him.

    He goes wide-eyed. "Hey! Nice dress," He replies.

    "Thanks, nice tux," I say. His was also black with a dark red bow tie like my dress how weird.

    I take his hand and lead him to the dance floor. We dance to a lot of pop songs but then a slow song comes on. We don't know what to do. We look around and see all the boys with their arms around the girls waist. Miles does that and I see all the girls with their arms on the boys shoulders. I do that.

    "So you gonna sing?" He asks me.

    "No, I'm so bad," I say and laugh.

    "No your not," He reassured me.